Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruises are great places to celebrate just about any occasion. Birthdays may be the very best occasion to celebrate, though! A few years ago we celebrated my husband’s birthday at Disney World, in June we spent my son’s first birthday at Disneyland, and in February we will be spending my husband’s birthday aboard the Disney Magic.
Let’s talk about some amazing things that you can do to celebrate a birthday with Disney!
- Buttons – You can pick up a free button from Guest Relations in any of the theme parks. It’s amazing how many people will say, “Happy Birthday” to your throughout your visit if you have a button.
- Note the Birthday on Dining Reservations – If you make note that someone is celebrating a birthday on that day when you make your dining reservations the birthday boy or girl may be brought a card and a cupcake! I made the mistake of mentioning that we’re celebrating my husband’s birthday on our upcoming cruise while on the phone with a DCL cast member and was told to expect something in the dining room.
- Order a Cake – There are a variety of cakes available at Disney World, Disneyland, and on Disney Cruise Line ships. Most cakes must be ordered in advance, however there are small cakes at Disney World that can be order and most table service restaurants when you arrive. Cakes all cakes are available about select Disney World and Disneyland table service restaurants. If you’re cruising cakes can be brought to the dining room or your stateroom. There is also the option for those dining at the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, or Cinderella’s Royal Table in Magic Kingdom to order a Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert in advance to celebrate in an extra special way.
- In-room Celebrations – These are also available at Disney World and Disneyland hotels as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line. There are a variety of options – some are specific to birthdays, but there are also themed packages for Frozen, Princesses, and Pirates. You can opt for an extra special gift basket or for something even more special your room can be decked out for the celebration. What a special way to celebrate!
- Do Something Special – Plan the whole day around the birthday boy or girl! Do the things that that person especially will enjoy. If you are in parks go on all of their favorite rides and see all of their favorite characters. Book a special fireworks cruise or dessert party. Make a reservation for their favorite restaurant, or to make it even more special eat at a signature restaurants or some where they have always wanted to eat. An afternoon tea party is also available for booking at the Grand Floridian at Disney World. For those on a Disney Cruise and that are over the age of 18 why not book a spa experience!
There are so many amazing ways to celebrate your birthday with Disney!
Have you celebrated a birthday at a Disney Park or on a Disney Cruise? Tell us about your experience in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I would love to help you plan a magical trip to celebrate an extra special birthday! Contact me at email@example.com to get started and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!