So, you’ve decided it’s time for another trip to Walt Disney World, Let me be the first to congratulate you on a decision well made, and may I also suggest that you consider the beautiful Wilderness Lodge as your Disney Resort. WHY, you might ask? Well, here’s the top 5 reasons:
1. A Lot To Look At – Inside AND outside: From far away, it looks like a giant log cabin, and it is simply breathtaking. It’s modeled after the Old Faithful Lodge in Yellowstone National Park, as it was in the early 1900’s. The lobby is quite the sight – it has an 80 foot tall fireplace, huge totem poles, and plenty of spaces to relax (including some old fashioned wooden rocking chairs). The theming is spectacular at this resort, from the landscaping to the sound of crickets as you enter the front door, you really are immersed in the National Park motif that’s carried on throughout the Resort.
2. Great Eats: One thing’s for sure – you won’t go hungry at Wilderness Lodge! They have 2 sit down restaurants – Artist Point which serves dinner with dishes inspired by the Norwestern US – including some delicious salmon! Whispering Canyon Cafe is their other sit down restaurant, which is a family friendly western themed joint, where food is served family style and there are plenty of laughs and shenanigans to keep you and your party entertained throughout your meal. Grab a quick bite at Roaring Fork which is the Lodge’s quick servince dining location, where you can grab fresh or pre packaged meals food court style throughout the day and evening. Drinks (including beers and coffee beverages!) and light appetizers can be found in the relaxing Territory Lounge. Room service and Pizza delivery are also available at Wilderness Lodge
3. A Perfect Place To Cool off: There is no better way to relax and beat the Florida heat than to take a dip in the pool, and Wilderness Lodge has not one but TWO great pools – follow the lobby geyser down the Creek to the Silver Creek Springs Pool, where you’ll find a water slide, hot and cold spas, and a kiddie pool for the little ones. The Hidden Springs pool is tucked away within the Villas at the Resort, and it’s a great quiet place to relax and enjoy your vacation
4. The “Magic” Is Nearby: One of the great things about Disney’s Deluxe Resorts is that the more you pay, the closer you get to stay to all the Disney action! The Wilderness Lodge offers bus transportation to all Parks and points of interest within WDW, but they also offer boat transportation to the , and another boat also goes to Fort Wilderness and Disney’s Contemporary Resorts. This means you are not only just a short boat ride away from Mickey, but you also have many more dining options available to you by taking the other boat line to the nearby Resorts
5. Deluxe Resort = Deluxe Amenities: Beautiful rooms with dark wood accents feature a choice of a Courtyard or Woods view, with options of King, Queen, or bunk beds. Staying healthy is easy here too, with bike and boat rentals, and an on site fitness club where you can workout and get a massage. Kids will have loads of fun at the Lodge, with the pool and playground and arcade, nightly movies under the stars, and the “Cub’s Den” – a supervised children’s activity center
Those are just some of the reasons why Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a great place to stay – but I would love your opinion – have you stayed here? Would you?
- New Disney World Discount for Disney Visa Cardholders (chipandco.com)
- Boating around Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Make Use Of Those Disney Park Maps With These Easy To Make Coasters! - January 20, 2020
- Disney World Character Meal Tips with Toddlers - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Disney World with your WHOLE Family - March 14, 2017