18% of Disney Goers Rack Up Debt to Visit Disney World and Most Have No Regrets
According to LendingTree, 18% of Disney goers rack up debt to visit Walt Disney World but most of them have no regrets. LendingTree surveyed nearly 1,550 consumers and concluded that some are willing to go into debt to visit Disney World.
The survey was conducted in October and the key findings included:
- Disney theme parks are a major draw for amusement parkgoers. Most Americans that have visited a theme park have visited a Disney park.
- 18% of Disney attendees say they went into debt for one or more trips from November 2022 through October 2023
- Most of the visitors who went into debt say they don’t regret it and 4 in 5 say they’ll pay it off within 6 months
- Disney’s food and admission costs ended up being more than those visitors originally thought or budgeted for.
Mouse Hacking conducted an analysis and found that the baseline Disney World vacation for a family of four (including two adults, one child 10 or older and one child 3 to 9) costs $5,731 in 2022. That includes:
- Transportation to and from Disney World
- A five-night stay at a Disney World value resort
- Five day tickets without Park Hopper, but with Genie+ at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios
- All meals at roughly the cost of the standard Disney dining plan (which has not returned post-Covid)
Mouse Hacking also found that the same vacation for the same family of four will cost $6,320 in 2023. That’s a 10% increase from 2022.
Overall, most visitors that went into debt for their Disney World vacation don’t regret it. “A Disney trip can be an experience that you and your family remember for the rest of your lives, and those are the types of things people are willing to go into debt for,” LendingTree chief credit analyst Matt Schulz says. “You shouldn’t take on a debilitating amount of debt and you shouldn’t do it very often, but if you need to take on a few months of debt to afford that once-in-a-lifetime Disney trip, it can be OK.”
What do you think about going into debt for your Disney vacation?
If you are ready to start planning your Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are complimentary, and I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!