There has never been a better time to visit The Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California than summer 2016. The exciting summer season kicks off on May 27th when “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” premieres at the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure Park. The 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration, which features stunning entertainment, sparkling décor, themed food and merchandise, will conclude on Labor Day Monday, Sept. 5, 2016.
Here’s 16 for ‘16 – a line-up of summer experiences found only at the Disneyland Resort:
At Disney California Adventure Park
1.“Frozen – Live at the Hyperion,” a new musical adaptation based on Disney’s animated blockbuster film, is performed daily at the Hyperion Theater. The show brings to life the timeless story of Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Sven and everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, in a spectacular musical stage production. From the moment the curtain rises, guests are mesmerized by this heartwarming tale of two sisters who learn that their love for each other is what matters most. With a cast of beloved characters, an engaging story and unforgettable songs, audiences can expect an incredible theatrical experience that will delight the entire family. The show is directed by Liesl Tommy, who was recently nominated for a Tony Award® for her Broadway show “Eclipsed.” The story’s endearing characters of Olaf and Sven are brought to life on stage through the creative efforts of master puppet designer Michael Curry, who co-designed with director Julie Taymor the puppets of “The Lion King” on Broadway and many other Disney parades, shows and projects.
2. Soarin’ Around the World — Your imaginations can take flight in this entirely new epic reimagining of a classic attraction. Beginning June 17, get ready to soar over the Great Wall of China, glide over the windy peak of the Matterhorn in Switzerland and sail over Australia’s majestic Sydney Harbor. Located in the Grizzly Peak Airfield area of Disney California Adventure, utilizing the very hanger where Disney’s original “Soarin’ Over California” attraction first flew, this next generation flight is an exhilarating aerial adventure that immerses guests in a global multi-sensory experience, complete with stunning sights, spectacular sounds and even subtle scents.
3. In Cars Land, the sensational Radiator Springs Racers and exuberant Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree have been joined by a new attraction. The fun-filled Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters attraction at Casa Della Tires dances with joy as Luigi’s cugini (cousins) have come from Carsoli, Italy, to celebrate Race Day in Radiator Park guests hop aboard miniature Italian roadsters, in the style of late 1950s micro cars and groove with Luigi’s singing in a precision-choreographed dance across a trackless “dance floor.” Each car has its own routine, so guests can enjoy different ride experiences during each dance.
4. Capturing the excitement of “Captain America: Civil War,” Captain America is making appearances in Hollywood Land at Disney California Also swinging into Hollywood Land is everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
At Disneyland Park
Exciting Star Wars experiences in Disneyland Park celebrate the Star Wars film saga.
5. Star Wars Launch Bay invites guests to visit a Star Wars-themed cantina, discover authentic replicas of film props, and encounter Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca, from the light side, and Kylo Ren from the dark
6. The Star Wars-themed transformation of Space Mountain into Hyperspace Mountain thrusts guests into an X-wing Starfigher battle as they race through the darkness. The experience is enhanced by a thrilling soundtrack, inspired by the Star Wars films’ musical themes and re-orchestrated to match every move in the attraction.
7. At the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction, guests encounter an exciting adventure and characters from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” while journeying aboard a Starspeeder 1000.
8. Guests relive stories from the Star Wars saga – or discover them for the first time — through the short “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi” film which connects iconic scenes from the iconic films in fun ways.
9. The popular interactive show Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple has been reimagined with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels.
10. Additional highlights of a summer visit to Disneyland include unique limited-time opportunities to experience favorite attractions in new While the Disneyland Railroad is temporarily closed, guests at the Main Street and New Orleans Square Train Stations can get up-close with the historic steam engines that have circled Disneyland park for decades and learn about them firsthand from Disneyland Railroad engineers. Limited-time experiences for the Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia are also planned this summer.
60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration Spectaculars Continue
The stunning entertainment found every year at the Disneyland Resort is now even more dazzling with Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, continuing through Sept. 5, 2016.
11. The sparkling “Paint the Night” parade builds on the tradition of breathtaking nighttime parades in Disneyland Park that began with the “Main Street Electrical ” Illuminated almost entirely by LED lights, “Paint the Night” is a state-of-the art, vibrant wonder that immerses guests in the magical, luminescent worlds of many Disney and Disney●Pixar characters, including Ariel, the Little Mermaid; Woody and Buzz Lightyear from “Toy Story”’; Lightning McQueen from “Cars,” Disney Princesses and Mickey Mouse and his pals.
12. The “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular entertains guests from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, surrounding the audience with music, dazzling visual projections and other special effects that bring the pyrotechnics to life in surprising Guests may enjoy the projections from multiple locations, including Main Street, U.S.A., and Small World mall.
13. At Disney California Adventure, “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” is a fun-filled version of the popular, nighttime “World of Color” Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris joins Mickey Mouse on a magical water canvas, bringing to life the remarkable story of Walt Disney and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score.
14. Disneyland Diamond Days,** an exciting text-in-for-a-chance-to-win sweepstakes, awards daily and weekly prizes as part of the Diamond Weekly prizes include authentic one- and two-carat diamonds custom engraved for Disney – one-carat diamonds are paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream suite – as well as a one-of-a-kind dazzled Mickey Mouse ear hat adorned with crystals and a white gold plated, silver emblem with a large topaz and smaller pavé diamonds; and private experiences in the park such as a Breakfast in Mickey’s Toontown or an exotic Jungle Cruise Dinner. The available prizes vary each week. Daily prizes also are awarded during the Diamond Celebration, and each daily prize package for that day includes an individualized tour of the parks with dining, preferred access to select attractions, and VIP viewing at some of the dazzling nighttime spectaculars. Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences, and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win the sweepstakes. More details, including a complete list of prizes, may be found at http://www.Disneyland.com/DiamondDays.
Themed Dining and Other Experiences
15. Any visit to the Disneyland Resort becomes more special with themed dining and refreshments, and the resort presents some tasty surprises this summer. At Disneyland, the Star Wars-themed menu at Galactic Grill includes the Darth Tamale, a First Order Specialty Burger with Angus beef and chorizo on a dark bun, and The Pastry Menace éclair. Plaza Inn is ideal for family dining with a menu that features fried chicken, pot roast and made-to-order Children and the young at heart are delighted to encounter Disney characters at the “Minnie & Friends Breakfast in the Park” at Plaza Inn, one of several character meals at the resort.
16. At Disney California Adventure, the recently opened Smokejumpers Grill inside Grizzly Peak Airfield fires up delicious burgers and other favorites, all served in a themed environment. The popular Cove Bar along Paradise Bay serves beverages and appetizers in an expanded patio The elegant Carthay Circle Restaurant continues to provide an ideal location for fine dining and adult relaxation in its lounge. And guests who want to meet Disney Princesses will find them at the character dining at Ariel’s Grotto.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!