A lot of adults write off Walt Disney World as “kid’s stuff”…personally I think that is nuts! While I believe adults can find a lot of ‘grown up’ activities to keep them happy and busy, I also think that everyone should take the time to experience all of these at least once (if not over and over!):
- Spinning on the teacups as fast as you can (please note: adults AND kids should probably NOT eat right before attempting this!)
- Getting your picture taken with characters – adults may think it’s silly to wait in line for Minnie’s autograph (I know I do – even I draw the line here – did enough of that when I was a kid!) but if you’re enjoying a character meal, and Minnie comes over to say hi, don’t avoid it, embrace the chance to let her hug you and have your picture taken with her (Minnie is quite the little flirt with the gentleman – so keep an eye on your husbands ladies!). On a separate but related note, I also think no one is too old for character meals, where you will find a fun, casual atmosphere and some of the best food WDW has to offer!
- Water Slides – Disney offers two water parks full of all kinds of slides and pools, it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot day
- Roller coasters – even though many of the rides at WDW may be geared towards the younger crowd, there are many that adults can enjoy – from Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom to Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom, every park has at least one ‘thrill’ ride that will get your adrenaline pumping!
- Towel Animals – When you stay on property at one of WDW’s many hotels, the cast members who clean the rooms will leave your towels/washcloths in cute shapes, sometimes animals or setup as a vase for pipe cleaner ‘flowers’, it may seem silly, but it always makes me smile (and usually take a picture…could probably make a whole album full of towel animal pictures! Silly, but it’s just another one of those Magical Disney touches that I love!)
- Fireworks/light shows/nighttime parades – Each park has its own nighttime display/fireworks show, and they are all breathtaking! Special Effects and lights galore, they are enjoyable for all ages
- Mickey Ice Cream Bars – I know I can’t say no to this delicious treat, chocolate coated ice cream on a stick in the shape of the Mouse (I am drooling just thinking about how good it tastes!)
- Goofy’s Candy Co. in Downtown Disney offers guest the chance to sample all kinds of sweet treats and even design your own sweet creations, which the cast members create right in front of you (try not to drool on the divider glass!)
- A Real Safari Ride – Board a Jeep on a trek across an African savannah at Animal Kingdom on the Kilimanjaro Safari Ride. See animals so up close, it will take your breath away.
- Dinner Shows are fun for everyone no matter what age – the Hoop Dee Doo Review whoops it up western style over at Fort Wilderness, while over at the Polynesian the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, a show featuring hula dancers and fire jugglers amazes all who attend
There are so many things at Walt Disney World to enjoy, the above are just a very few of the things I think are a treat for those tall and small, young and old, and for everyone who is young at heart.
- Disney World Quick Tips – Guy Friendly Disney World Activities (chipandco.com)
- Your Preschooler won’t Remember their Disney Vacation… Or Will They??? (chipandco.com)