One of my favorite places to stay is Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. I like walking around this resort and taking photos of all the Disney and Pixar characters. Many parts of this resort reminds me of Disneyland especially the Cars area. Even if you are not staying here it is well worth the bus ride just to check out my home away from home!
Here are 10 Things You Don’t Want to Miss at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Artwork Throughout the Lobby– From the moment you step through the doors and find yourself home at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort you are surrounded by Disney artwork. However, it is not just on the walls, but also on the ceiling! A one of a kind storyboard chandelier hangs complete with autographs from the directors of each movie represented at the resort, can you find them all? John Lasseter’s is just one of the autographs.
- Characters Inside– On every floor of each building outside the elevators is a different mural with a Disney character(s) from the movie represented in that area. Can you find Red the fire truck? Each Family Suite also has great prints with scenes from the movies.
- Characters Outside– There is so much to see everywhere you look walking around this resort. Take the time to explorer each area! Whether you are playing in an Elephant Graveyard while singing Hakuna Matata, climbing the coral at the Righteous Reef playground, or watching out for speeding cars with the Sheriff each area is a new adventure! When you visit the Cars area you feel like you are right in the middle of Radiator Springs. Don’t forget to visit again at night when the lights turn on!
- Finding Nemo Seagulls– If you listen closely, they might be getting closer to “grabbing a fish from” the Big Blue Pool as you walk by. Just one of the many magical Disney touches at this resort.
- New Balance Jog/Walk Trail– We all know there is no shortage of walking while you are adventuring through the parks on a Disney vacation, but the New Balance jog trail at Art of Animation Resort is one of my favorites. At a distance of a 1.38 mile loop, it is a magical and relaxing view the whole way, it curves between the resort and Hourglass Lake, and Pop Century resort across the way.
- Ink and Paint Shop– The Ink and Paint Shop is such a fun resort gift shop. Located in Animation Hall, between the check-in area and Landscape of Flavors. It has such a great selection of items no matter what you are looking for. You can also pin trade here at scheduled times throughout the day.
- Landscape of Flavors– A quick service dining location open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a wide variety of options! In addition to burgers, pizza and sandwiches, you also have a variety of lighter/healthier options including salads. One of the many choices on hand is character waffles for breakfast featuring characters from The Little Mermaid, Cars, Finding Nemo and the Lion King they can’t be found anywhere else. Don’t forget to grab your resort mug if you are on the Disney Dining Plan!
- The Pools– The Big Blue pool in the Finding Nemo area is the largest non-waterpark pool at WDW and lots of fun! If you are underwater like a fish, be sure to listen closely for Disney magic underwater! Over in the Cars area, you will find The Cozy Cone Pool, complete with cone cabanas. The cabanas are free of charge, but available on a first come basis.
- The Family Suites– While The Little Mermaid area of the resort has standard resort rooms, the other 3 areas are Family Suites. These can fit up to 6 guests, or are a great option if you are just looking for some extra space without the extra price of a deluxe resort suite. The family suites have 1 bedroom with a queen size bed, a full size sleep sofa, and a full size pull down bed that doubles as a dining table. 2 bathrooms, one with a full tub/shower, and the other with a large glass/tile shower. There is also a small kitchenette area with a sink, microwave and mini-fridge.
- Sketch Artist of the Day– Keeping the love of animation alive, kids can enter a sketch contest by drawing their favorite Disney character. Once they have completed their masterpiece they can have it displayed in the lobby for voting to take place! Forgot to pack the drawing supplies? See a front desk Cast Member and they will be happy to help! Winners are announced each evening.
Do you want to experience all the fun at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort yourself? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner for MickeyTravels, I would be happy to help you plan your trip! Contact me anytime Liz@MickeyTravels.com, or on my Facebook page. Vacation planning services are 100% free.