Tangled: The Series premieres at 4 pm September 11th, 2017, in celebration of the premiere Disney Channel has put together a top ten list of activities inspired by Rapunzel’s adventures. Disney Channel researched and formed a panel of parenting writers and bloggers who created a comprehensive list of activities that best teach children key life skills.
The list was then voted on by 1,000 British parents, here are the top ten activities that can prepare your child for the future:
- Caring for pets – Caring for animals teaches children empathy and responsibility.
- Budgeting their own money for store purchases – Having children budget with their own pocket money teaches them the value money.
- Growing fruits & vegetables – Growing your own fruit and vegetables opens the discussion of nutrition, with your child, as well as teaching them where food comes from.
- Making extra spending money by doing small jobs for neighbors – Allowing your children to make money by preforming jobs for neighbors teaches them about the rewards of hard work.
- Spending the night at a friend’s house – Spending a night away from their parents is a great way to teach children independence.
- Fundraising for a charity – Fundraising for charitable causes teaches your children empathy and generosity.
- Writing/preforming a play, song, or skit – Writing or preforming in plays, songs, and skits promotes creativity and builds confidence in your child.
- Build a den or shelter – Learning to work with the materials you have on hand promotes ingenuity.
- Selling homemade items to the community – Entrepreneurism is learned by selling homemade items such as lemonade and cookies, to other members of you community.
- Using a map to navigate a treasure hunt – Children can learn basic navigation skills by participating in treasure hunts with maps.
One of the great things about this list is that all of the adventures can be done with little parental guidance, allowing children to grow their skills on their own. They are also low in cost and most can be done in the comfort of your own home. Have your children ever participated in any of these adventures that promote life skills?
Click here for your FREE, no obligation quote!
Ready to start planning your 2018 Disney vacation? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote from one of our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can save you money and time planning your MAGICAL vacation! My planning services are always 100% FREE! Contact me today for your FREE, no obligation quote,firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates, deals, and travel tips!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!