When you think of a Walt Disney World trip, many people don’t think of it as “adult only”. Right? With the theming of many resorts, the characters in the parks, and so many character dining options, it doesn’t seem like a destination for an adult only trip. However, with a little planning and advice, you can turn the kid friendly atmosphere of Walt Disney World into an adult only destination in no time!
Here are my 10 Adult Only Must Dos at Walt Disney World!
- Stay at a resort that doesn’t attract a lot of families. Strange thought, I know. I mean, every resort at Disney can be kid friendly. However, my suggestions for an “adult” resort are as follows: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Day Spa, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and Coronado Springs. I choose the Grand Floridian Resort and Day Spa because it is so quaint and fancy. When I have people inquire about “adult only” trips, that is the first resort I point them to. With Bay Lake Tower being separate from Disney’s Contemporary Resort, it is a great choice for adults. And, the theming of the Bay Lake Tower is so upscale and just that-contemporary. Of all the moderates, Coronado Springs, is very adult friendly. It has several quiet pools, and the dining options are great. Since it hosts a lot of conventions, the Coronado Springs Resort lends itself to a lot of adult guests. Each of these resorts is romantic in its atmosphere, too.
- Indulge in the Magic Your Way Premium Package. If you’re traveling as adults, you’ll want to enjoy some relaxation, too, right? That’s where the Magic Your Way Premium Package comes in. With this package, you have all your meals taken care of, and you can use your entitlements at Signature/Fine Dining experiences as well as dinner shows. You also enjoy a night out at Cirque du Soleil, unlimited sports and recreation experiences, and more. You can take select tours of Disney’s parks also.
- Enjoy the parks at night. You don’t have any kiddos to get to bed, or cranky children who need some down time. The parks are so beautiful, and romantic at night. Even if you take your time in the morning to enjoy a round of golf or a leisurely breakfast, you’ll have tons of time to enjoy the parks into the wee hours of the morning!
- Food and Drink are a “must do”. Whether it’s Drinking Around the World Showcase in EPCOT, or enjoying Wishes from the California Grille, there are plenty of adult friendly food and drink options at Disney. Not to mention the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival in the fall months-perfect for adults! Narcoosee’s, California Grille, and Le Cellier are perfect locations for dining without children. Also, traveling as adults gives you the opportunity to try new foods that you may not try with the kids along! Don’t forget to drop by Club Disney too!
- Disney’s Boardwalk. I feel as if the Boardwalk area is really adult friendly at night. Jellyrolls, the piano bar at the Boardwalk, can give you late night entertainment. Also, the Boardwalk is a romantic place to watch Illuminations. If you stand on the bridge, facing EPCOT, you can see Illuminations from EPCOT. Awesome spot for a bottle of wine and enjoy the fireworks!
- Don’t forget about the “kid stuff”. I know, we’re talking “adult only” vacation here. But, working in a character breakfast isn’t such a bad thing for adults! It’s a fun experience in and of itself, and many adults want one or two character dining experiences during their trip!
- Enjoy a spa treatment, or other special experience. You can indulge in spa treatments at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Day Spa, Saratoga Springs, Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Dolphin Hotel. Each of these vary in experience, and some are connected to a fitness center. If you choose the Magic Your Way Platinum Package, a spa treatment is included.
- Characters in Flight. Characters in Flight is a tethered hot air balloon ride at Downtown Disney. This experience, while not a “must do every trip”, is fun especially as adults. Try to schedule your time for the evening, when the lights of Downtown Disney are blazing. It’ll be beautiful!
- Take a Disney Cruise. While not a Disney Parks option, taking a Disney Cruise can be perfect for couples! Disney cruises are just the right amount of Disney, with their fabulous customer service and attention to detail-without stepping foot in the parks. With adult only restaurants, decks, pools, and experiences aboard Disney cruise ships, you’ll realize how special your couple time can be! Also, Disney’s private beach, Castaway Cay, has an adult only area!
- Take a carriage ride. Disney’s resorts, such as Port Orleans Riverside and Fort Wilderness offer carriage rides around their property. Couple that ride with a trip over Christmas, and it’ll be a special experience you’ll never forget!
Are you up for an adult only vacation to Disney? I’m always here to quote your next trip, give planning advice, and assist you to make the most magical vacation memories!
Have a magical day!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.