If you are what you eat, then i only want to eat the good stuff like Remy’s Soup from Ratatouille!
We all remember that scene when Remy sneaks into the kitchen and fixes Linguini’s soup, the way he added the ingredients and how much he enjoys it when he tastes the food for the first time makes us want to try that delicious dish as well right?
Related – Disney Imagineering Shares Sneak Peak Of Some Design Details Behind Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
Well, we have great news because we have the recipe so you can recreate this iconic soup at home! After all, anyone can cook!
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes, pureed in blender
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 cup of white wine (or substitute 1 cup water)
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Green onion, for garnish (optional)
Related – Learn How To Make Remy’s Ratatouille With This Easy Recipe!
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onion and cook until tender and almost translucent (about 3 minutes). Add in the the leeks and garlic and cook until the onions are completely translucent (about 2 more minutes).
- Pour in the pureed tomatoes and stir. Add the sugar and black pepper and stir again, now add in the white wine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, letting simmer for 10 minutes until the wine has reduced. The liquid will become thick and the steam won’t have the smell of alcohol any longer.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Now add the cubes of parmesan, thyme, basil, bay leaves, cayenne pepper and sea salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and let summer 20 minutes.
- Remove lid. Add in the heavy cream and parsley. Recover and let simmer an additional 10 minutes on low.
- Serve Remy’s Soup with crusty French bread or a baguette.
Enjoy Remy’s Soup while watching Ratatouille on Disney Plus!
Credit: The Disney Diner
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!