I know this it not quite Disney News but with Harry Potter fever hitting the Orlando Area and the Deathly Hallows set to release in a few months I thought of no better time to share with you the Top 5 Butterbeer Recipes from around the interwebs. When I did a search there are probably about 100 different recipes out there, these seem to be the most popular.
Universal is keeping a tight lid on the recipe but there are some very talented people out there who have come up with both alcoholic and nonalcoholic varieties of this wonderful concoction.
1. This comes to us from Mugglenet.com
- 1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
- ½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
- ½ tablespoon butter
Step 1: Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.
Step 2: Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.
Step 3: Serve in two coffee mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!
2. This is the same as #1 minus the butter
- 8oz ginger ale or cream soda
- 2-3 tablespoons of butterscotch syrup
1. Mix in a tall glass and serve over ice
3. Here is a nice Alcoholic version for the Adults
- 1 cup butterscotch schnapps
- 7 cups cream soda (2 liter bottle)
1. Carefully mix just before serving, adding the schnapps to the soda then stirring gently to mix well, or the fizz will dissipate too soon
4. Here is one from the Food Network show Semi-Home Made with Sandra Lee
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butterscotch topping
- 2 tablespoons whipped butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla cream soda
Combine condensed milk, butterscotch topping, and butter in a glass heatproof measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until butter has melted and incorporated into mixture. Meanwhile heat cream soda in another heatproof measuring cup for 1 minute 30 seconds.
Divide butterscotch mixture between 2 (10 to 12-ounce) mugs. Fill mugs with heated cream soda and stir thoroughly. Serve garnished with an old-fashioned butterscotch candy stick.
5. Here is a very different one from CD Kitchen.com
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 1/2 stick butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 quart apple cider
Cream butter, sugar and spices together. Beat in the vanilla ice cream. Re-freeze the mixture. Scoop out the frozen mixture into a glass. Pour hot Apple cider over the ice cream mixture.
Optional: add an ounce of rum for an adult treat.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!