It’s New Year’s Eve and what better place to ring in the New Year than at the Walt Disney World Resort? From champagne toasts to exquisite meals, dance parties to spectacular fireworks displays, here’s a sampling of the excitement in store around the resort.
- Take a walk on the wild side for a fun and festive time as Disney’s Animal Kingdom stays open until midnight and DJs keep the night moving at Discovery Island, DinoLand U.S.A. and Asia. Be watching the iconic Tree of Life for a special countdown to midnight.
- Magic Kingdom Park rocks out with DJ dance parties. Guests are invited to “grab your pardner” in Frontierland for a spin around the dance floor or catch the futuristic beats in Tomorrowland. Guests can stake out their favorite viewing space as the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks show returns for two nights only (in place of “Happily Ever After”) to light up the night leading to the midnight countdown. Celebration nights: Dec. 30 & 31, 2019; “Fantasy in the Sky” will also be shown at 6:30 p.m. each night.
- At Epcot, several nations around World Showcase will roll out dance parties, and America Gardens Theatre will delight revelers with live music. Find a location along World Showcase Lagoon for the nighttime spectacular “Epcot Forever,” followed by the countdown to 2020 with a special New Year’s Eve display.
- Magic from that galaxy far, far away will continue on New Year’s Eve at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as a special countdown will lead to a midnight performance of “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” the nighttime show featuring scenes from Star Wars films paired with fireworks and special effects.
Resorts and Restaurants
Disney resort hotels will ring in the new year with a bevy of special events and dining opportunities, including:
- Bienvenidos 2020! New Year’s Eve at Toledo – Tapas, Steak and Seafood: This new restaurant on the top floor of the new Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort offers a Spanish-inspired menu and flamenco guitarist who will delight in the main room while, next door at the Dahlia Lounge, a DJ leads the big countdown to 2020.
- Countdown to Midnight, A New Year’s Celebration at Disney’s BoardWalk: The countdown to 2020 at Atlantic Dance Hall features a live DJ, party hats and horns, confetti drop, mouthwatering light-bite menu, champagne toast at midnight and views of the Epcot fireworks.
- New Year’s Eve at Flying Fish: Celebrate the arrival of a new year during a festive affair featuring a multi-course prix-fixe menu created by award-winning chef Tim Majoras. A sustainable seafood tower and intermezzo is included in a second seating for this restaurant at Disney’s BoardWalk.
- Elegant Evening Under the Stars at California Grill: Ring in the new year with an elegant toast, marvelous entertainment and a special appearance by favorite Disney characters atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Cap off the night with a dazzling rooftop view of the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
- A New Year’s Eve Celebration at Narcoossee’s: Visit Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to be part of this spectacular experience, where diners will enjoy a menu of local and global seafood selections in a relaxed waterside atmosphere with an early seating, or amp up the fun – including a live band for dancing the night away – with a later booking.
Will you be ringing in the New Year at Walt Disney World? Tell us your celebration plans in the comments!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney World Theme Park Hours released through April 3rd - January 16, 2021
- Proof of negative COVID test needed for International Travelers coming to US - January 15, 2021
- Disney reimagines spaces for Children’s Hospitals - January 15, 2021