We test the Disney World 50th Anniversary statues in the Magic Kingdom with our Magicband+. Disney Cast Members got a chance to experience the new MagicBand+ the other day at Disney’s Magic Kingdom. So as not to feel left out, we ran over to try the bands in the park, and find out what worked and didn’t work.
First, we got our MB+ the one hour they were on sale accidentally a few weeks ago. We have tried the new band out at all four parks, and while they did semi-work, most just played music. Except for Epcot, which had sayings and grunts and chicken noises and Olaf speaking.
Secondly, we found the same thing at Magic Kingdom. The Fab 50 Statues are playing music for now. In the video of the cast members using the new MagicBand+ Goofy talks, along with Chip and Dale have a conversation. We did not have the same thing. Dumbo played circus music, Mad Hatter played music from Alice In Wonderland and most of the others just played a generic song.
We do not have a final release date yet, but with Disney sharing videos of the new bands in action, it will not be too much longer.
Disney World 50th Anniversary statues
A New Generation of MagicBand – Coming Summer 2022!
Immerse yourself in Disney stories using the exciting new features of MagicBand+, including:
- Customizable color-changing lights
- Haptic vibrations let you feel the magic with light vibrations that bring experiences to life
- Gesture recognition—your movement enables magical surprises!
Plus, all types of MagicBand or card will allow you to: Disney World 50th Anniversary statues
- Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission).
- Check-in at Lightning Lane and virtual queue entrances.
- Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
- Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room.
- Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay).