In order to keep rides running smoothly and safely and resorts looking their best, Disney World often needs to close areas in order to perform maintenance on them or give them a fresh look. As much as we don’t like it when our favorite rides aren’t running, maintenance is necessary to keep guests safe during their park visits. Here is a list of the rides, attractions, and resorts at the Walt Disney World Resort undergoing refurbishment in October 2017 and beyond:
- Splash Mountain – This beloved headlining attraction will be closed for refurbishment from 8/28/17 – 11/16/17
- Hall of Presidents – This attraction remains closed for updates. Disney hasn’t released official word regarding a re-opening but insiders speculate it will be later this year.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – Will be closed February 28 – March 2, 2018
- Typhoon Lagoon – Annual Refurbishment is scheduled from January 7, 2018 – TBD.
- Blizzard Beach – Annual Refurbishment is scheduled from October 29, 2017 – January 6, 2018
Disney Transportation & Road Closures:
- ESPN’s Wide World of Sports – Intermittent overnight lane closures, lane shifts, traffic congestion and noise impacts can be expected along Osceola Parkway / Victory Way until further notice.
Walt Disney World Resorts:
- Art of Animation Resort – Due to Disney’s new Skyliner (gondola system) construction noise can be heard throughout the resort. Rooms closest to the water will be the most affected.
- Beach Club Resort – Work is currently being done to the convention center and is not expected to be completed until 2/1/18. The Beach Club bus stop has also been moved to the parking lot of the Beach Club Villas with a courtesy shuttle to get guests to the stop.
- Boardwalk Villas – The resort is currently undergoing refurbishment. Construction can be heard during daytime hours.
- Caribbean Beach Resort – Currently undergoing refurbishment to its Main Building. Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters, Cabana Pool Bar, as well as Calypso Trading Post will be closed until fall 2018. Alternative dining options are available.
- Contemporary Resort – Chef Mickey Chef Mickey’s will be relocating to the Convention Center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort beginning November 28 through sometime in December 2017. The dining and character experience will remain the same.
- Coronado Springs Resort – Updates to the Convention Center as well as construction of a tower that will house 500 additional guest rooms are currently being carried out. Guests can expect to hear and see construction during daylight hours.
- Old Key West Resort – Updates are being made throughout the property which may result in pathway closures and other slight disruptions. The project is slated to last until June 28, 2018.
- Pop Century – Room updates are being carried out through summer 2018. Noise may also be heard along the waterfront as Disney installs its new Skyliner gondola transportation system.
- Port Orleans French Quarter – Room refurbishments will take place early January 2018 through spring 2018.
- Yacht Club – Work is currently being carried out at the Convention Center until February 1, 2018. Captains Grille has been temporarily relocated to Ariel’s.
Ready to start planning a Disney vacation? Click here for a FREE, no obligation quote or fill out the form below for a FREE quote.
As an agent with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can help save you time and money planning your next Disney vacation. The best part is my services are always FREE! Contact me today at email@example.com or (229) 977-3773. Join me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates and tips.