The legendary train whistle will be silent if you are visiting the Magic Kingdom Park beginning December 3rd. The Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed at all stations beginning on December 3rd and through January 5th. This closure is happening so that construction can proceed on the new Tron attraction – to be located in Tomorrowland. You’ll notice while pulling up the daily calendar for Magic Kingdom Park that the railroad will be listed as closed for those dates.
We all love the 20-minute, 1.5-mile scenic tour onboard one of the majestic and fully restored narrow-gauge trains. Do you know all of their names?
- Walter E. Disney – named after Walt Disney
- Lilly Belle – named after Walt’s wife, Lillian
- Roy O. Disney, named after Walt’s brother
- Roger E. Broggie, named after an original Imagineer who led the railroad project at Walt Disney World.
Could you name all 4? Which one is your favorite? All were originally built between 1916 and 1928. Don’t worry this is only a temporary and short closure. They will be back full steam ahead after January 5th.
Is Disney calling??? If you are interested in booking a trip to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line or any other Disney Park please contact me for booking and personalized travel planning. I am a travel agent with Pixie Dusted Dreams Travel & Events, the official travel partner of Chip and Company. My services are always free and I take the hassle out of planning your magical vacation from assisting with anything you may need such as scheduling FastPasses or reserving dining reservations. I offer quick, no-obligation quotes. You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on Facebook.
Latest posts by Jennifer B (see all)
- White Christmas Churro Available in Downtown Disney - December 3, 2018
- Walt Disney World Railroad to Close for Tron Construction - November 26, 2018
- Save $250 Per Person on Select 2019 Adventures By Disney River Cruises - November 26, 2018