When you visit Walt Disney World Resort, slow down and pay attention. It’s impossible to see and do everything in one Park visit anyway, so try not to get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of doing it all that you overlook what makes the place so magical.
It’s tempting to take touring plans in hand and race from one attraction to the next or to watch your watch closely and time each curtain call. Gotta catch that bus, make the dinner reservation, sprint back for your Fast Pass slot.
Don’t be so rushed you forget to notice the details.
• See the man seated on the hen on the Nine Dragons Restaurant roof at Epcot’s China Pavilion? He is Prince Min, a 3rd-century emperor who was hanged for his cruelty. His image serves as a warning to other tyrants. The animals behind him prevent his escape.
• See the celebrity signatures and handprints in the courtyard of Mann’s Chinese Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Minnie Mouse’s prints are dated 5/1/89, the Park’s opening day. Kermit the Frog added his impression later that same year.
• See the regular old garbage bin in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland? Try to toss your trash and he may just thank you! “Push” moves around a bit and can be hard to find, but at Walt Disney World, even refuse is pixie dusted.
• See that towering vine in Animal Kingdom’s Asia? It’s none other than the graceful and gorgeous wandering foliage, DiVine. I filmed her at a recent visit, and people stopped to ask what I was recording. They hadn’t noticed her at all!
So next time you visit the World, slow down, take a deep breath, and enjoy the magic!
- Disney World Quick Tips – Is My Car Safe? (chipandco.com)
- Early Buyers at Disney’s Golden Oak Get VIP Benefits at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.