Guests spending New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World Resort can choose from fireworks extravaganzas, evening dance parties, delicious dining experiences and more as nighttime activities. Here’s a look at what’s in store at the Vacation Kingdom on New Year’s Eve (show times and entertainment are subject to change without notice) …
At the Parks…
- “Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!” Street Party at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. & 5:15 p.m.
- “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” at 12 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- “Main Street Electrical Parade” at 7 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
- “Holiday Wishes” fireworks at 8:30 p.m.
- “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m.
- Park Hours: 8 a.m.-2 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- “Block Party Bash” parade at 3 p.m.
- “Fantasmic!” nighttime extravaganza at 6:30 p.m., 8 p.m. & 10 p.m.
- Live performances by in-park band “Mulch, Sweat and Shears” at Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat at 8 p.m., 9 p.m., 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- “Lights, Camera, Happy New Year” fireworks starring “Mulch, Sweat and Shears” at 11:55 p.m.
- Park hours: 8 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Special version of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” at 7:30 p.m. & 11:40 p.m.
- Park hours: 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- “Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade” at 3:45 p.m.
- Park Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon:
- “Electrical Water Pageant” at 10:25 p.m.
At Downtown Disney and Disney’s BoardWalk …
Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney:
- 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. performances of La Nouba
- Special New Year’s Eve champagne toasts
- Guests will receive a limited-edition La Nouba pin created for the New Year’s Eve event
- More info: 407/939-7328 or cirquedusoleil.com/lanouba
DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney: Ring in the New Year at DisneyQuest with favorite cyber attractions and games, a DJ Dance Party with a New Year’s Eve countdown, party favors and a coupon for a personal pizza and soda at FoodQuest
- Party Hours: 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
- $39 per person, advance/$45 per person, day of
- More info: 407/934-7639 or disneyworld.com/disneyquestparty. Tickets may be purchased online or at the DisneyQuest Box Office.
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk: Dance into the New Year at Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk
- Party Hours: 8 p.m.-2 a.m., ages 21+
- $35 for access to the main floor of the Dance Hall, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight
- $75 for a VIP ticket that adds a private upstairs area with seating; limited viewing for Epcot fireworks with guaranteed seating and coffee, tea or hot chocolate with dessert bar and a premium bar
- More info: 407/WDW-DINE
Special Dining Experiences…
La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot: La Hacienda de San Angel is offering a special six-course prix-fixe menu and live music starting at 9 p.m. for $199 per person, or $225 with wine and spirits (plus tax and gratuity), $49.95 ages 3 to 9 (Epcot admission required)
- More info: 407/842-1107 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Bistro de Paris at Epcot: Bistro de Paris is offering a special prix-fixe New Year’s Eve menu for $150 per
person, $225 with wine pairings with each course (Epcot admission required)
California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: California Grill will host a New Year’s Eve party featuring food stations, an open bar, a casino-style game room, DJ, dancing, Disney characters, live entertainment and a great viewing location for the Magic Kingdom fireworks
- $525 per person, all inclusive
- More info: 407/WDW-DINE
- Walt Disney World Adventure Description and Book Trailer (vacationfieldguides.com)
- Tuesday Disney Tips: Disney World Surprises – Even for the Veteran Visitor (theaffordablemouse.com)
- Disney week in review for the week of 12.19.10 (couponingtodisney.com)