If you have a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort booked In May or June, there are some special artist showcases and events taking place this May that you may want to check out.
Fans of Precious Moments will want to check out Disney Springs from May 5 – 22. Representatives from Precious Moments dolls will be available in May as they showcase the fan favorite dolls from the Disney collection. They will also be showcasing their new Mother’s Day “Cherish” collection. You’ll be able to find them throughout each day at the Marketplace Fun Finds in Disney Springs Marketplace. On May 7 Precious Moments Master Sculptor Hiko Maeda will be on hand for a signing of the newest piece titled Treat Being With You (pictured at the top of the page) from Noon – 2 p.m. and 4 – 6 p.m. at Art of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace. Additional appearances by Hiko will be throughout the weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort. His newest piece “Treat Being With You” releases May 6. The more avid collectors may be interested in knowing that, Doll Designer Linda Rick will be on hand for special appearances May 20 – 22.
If you’re planning on visiting Hollywood Studios you can be among the first to get one of the galactic Stitch Escapes: hand-painted, limited-edition Ink & Paint cels. You can find the cel in stores and meet the Ink & Paint artists as part of a special signing June 25 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Stage 1 Company Store. There will also be a special pre-purchase opportunity from May 9 through June 23 at 5 p.m. EST by visiting www.disneyurl.com/CelPreOrder.
Star Wars fans may be interested in ACME Artist Rodel Gonzalez taking part in an artist showcase from May 6 – 8 at 3 – 5 p.m. and 7 – 9 p.m., each day at Art of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace. You won’t want to miss this collection from a galaxy far, far, away.
On May 21st fans can meet the Pop-culture phenomenon that is artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith, who will be on hand for a special appearance and signing of some of her newest releases, among other favorites, from 4 – 8 p.m. in the WonderGround Gallery at Marketplace Co-Op in Disney Springs Marketplace.
Continue to grow your collection at the 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival now through May 30! This year’s artisan showcases at the Pergolas include Boiled Books, Growmanji, Elemental Nursery, EyeCatchers, Haf2Paint, Just Plumerias, Noah’s Ark Topiaries, Petal Pushers, Rinse Bath & Body Inc., and Swaying in the Breeze. Learn more. Tip: Noah’s Ark Topiaries will take part in live demonstrations May 14, 28 – 29 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., each day.
Other Notable Merchandise Events:
- May 11 – 15: Artist Greg McCullough returns to Art of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace with special appearances and signings from 1 – 8 p.m., each day.
- May 27 – 30: Artist David E. Doss returns to the Art of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace. Meet David and see his collection of artwork from 1 – 9 p.m., each day.
- May 12 – 15 and May 26 – 30: Meet renowned international artist Larry Dotson from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., each day at Art of Disney and add some of his latest pieces to your collection.
- May 13 – 15 and May 27 – 29: Stop in and check out the latest Yardley fragrance and beauty products and meet representatives from Noon – 7 p.m., each day at The Queen’s Table in the United Kingdom Pavilion at World Showcase. Learn More.
- May 25 – 28: Fragrance designer Geir Ness will be on hand for special appearances as he showcases the latest from his Laila fragrance and beauty collection. Meet Geir from Noon – 6p.m., each day, at The Puffin’s Roost in the Norway Pavilion at World Showcase.
- Resort Hotels: Find the perfect gift for the one you love with Sophia Fiori diamonds! Join us now through May 14 for special jewelry showcases taking place daily at Summer Lace located in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Learn more.