The Walt Disney World Marathon weekend opened yesterday for registration and the 10k sold out in 7 hours. Yes, 7 hours, which was faster than the Disneyland Marathon and I believe a record. Not sure what it is…
Four Theme Parks and 48.6 magical miles!
Runners can enter one (or any combination) of the runs that have been scheduled, for a truly magical experience through the parks. They have opened up the event this year to include an all new event, The Dopey Challenge.
The 2014 Disney Marathon Weekend, Jan. 8-12, will expand to five days and will include a 10K, along with the Family Fun Run 5K, the Disney Half Marathon, the Disney Marathon and Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge. That creates the opportunity for an unparalleled proposition in the running industry: The Dopey Challenge – running all four timed events in successive days (48.6 miles) for the chance to earn an unprecedented six medals.
Schedule of Events
- Disney’s Health and Fitness Expo – Jan. 8 – 11 -ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Disney’s Family Fun Run 5K – Jan. 9, 6:30 am Epcot
- runDisney Kids Races and Mickey Mile – Jan. 9, 10 & 11 – ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Pasta in the Park Parties – Jan. 9, 10 & 11 – Epcot
- runDisney Family Reunion Breakfast – Jan. 9 & 10 – Epcot
- Walt Disney World 10K – Jan. 10, 5:30 am -ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon – Jan. 11, 5:30 am – Epcot
- Walt Disney World Marathon – Jan. 12, 5:30 am – Epcot
- Cool Down Party – Jan. 12 -Downtown Disney
If you plan on entering then sign up quickly, there are limited spots available and some races are already full. At the time of this article it stood at:
- Walt Disney World 10K – Sold Out
- Family Fun Run 5K – 65% Full
- Dopey Challenge – 76% Full
For more information and to register for
Have you run in any of these races before? Are you registered to run in this race? Let us know your experience, for the newbies and the veterans that might be missing something.
- With all the great things that are going on with this weekend, us at Chip and Co. started thinking about forming our own team for the Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon. Want to runDisney with the some Chip and Co. princesses? Stay tuned for details about all the things we have in mind.
Booked your spot to run, but not sure where to go now? Contact me and we can get a magical package put together for you and your ChEAR Squad. email@example.com
- All new Dopey Challenge Among Dizzying Enhancements for 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend (chipandco.com)
- Disney World adds 10K, Dopey Challenge to expanded marathon weekend (orlandosentinel.com)