Year after year, the Central Florida community comes together to provide holiday gifts to local children and families through the annual U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots campaign. This year, Orlando-area coordinator of the U.S. Marines Toys for Tots, Sgt. Evans, identified age groups 0-3 years old and 10-15 years old as the most high-demand for toy needs.
Sgt. Evans also identified the below items as being most-needed in each age category:
- Infants: Learning toys, plush toys, push/walk toys
- Toddlers: Interactive and learning toys, plush toys, books
- Ages 4–7: Toy cars, dolls, books
- Ages 8–12: Board games, arts & crafts
- Ages 13–15: Teen-style watches and jewelry, sports equipment, bath and perfume sets, board games, small electronics
In the span of just three weeks, Walt Disney World Cast Members donated nearly 30,000 toys to Toys for Tots, which will benefit thousands of Central Florida children this holiday season, including those recently displaced by Hurricane Dorian.
Disney VoluntEARS will also be volunteering for the cause throughout the month, coming together to prepare the Toys for Tots warehouse and sort donated toys for distribution.
For over 15 years, Cast Members from Walt Disney World Resort have supported the annual toy collection drive, donating more than 430,000 toys to local children and families to date.
It’s not too late to get involved. Toys for Tots is accepting donations in Central Florida through Sunday, Dec. 15. For more information about how to donate, visit https://orlando-fl.toysfortots.org/.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Space 220 Restaurant in Epcot Opening this March - January 24, 2020
- Cast from The Secret Life of Pets Films Reprise Their Roles in Universal Hollywood’s All-New Ride - January 23, 2020
- Running Universal Features Characters From DreamWork’s Trolls on Sunday, April 26th - January 21, 2020