Walt Disney Pictures and LucasFilm continues to break records with Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the box office both domestically and world wide. Along with the success, the studio has also earned the top two spots for the most anticipated films of 2016. In the top spot coming in December is Rogue One: The Star Wars Story. Perhaps the fact that Force Awakens has been such a huge hit or maybe because there are rumors that Darth Vader and Boba Fett will be in the film, but whatever the reason, Walt Disney Pictures does it again.
Earning the number two spot is the sequel to Finding Nemo – Finding Dory. The highly awaited sequel finds our friend Dory along with Marlin and Nemo in new adventures to find her family. Finding Dory, in second place in front of some of the best superhero films.The list below of the top 10 was a big surprise for this Entertainment Writer. What did you think? Any surprises?
Top Ten List of the Most Anticipated Movies of 2016:
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (December 16)
- Finding Dory (June 17)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 25)
- New Untitled Bourne Movie (July 29)
- Captain America: Civil War (May 6)
- Star Trek Beyond (July 22)
- Independence Day: Resurgence (June 24)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27)
- Zoolander No. 2 (February 12)
- The Jungle Book (April 15)
Follow me in 2016 on www.chipandco.com for all the news, updates and notification of all your favorite Disney Movies!