Virgin Atlantic, a UK-based airline, will resume flights to Orlando International Airport on July 20, 2020. Virgin Atlantic is the main carrier from the UK to Orlando. Prior to COVID-19, the airline operated multiple direct flights per day to Orlando from both London and Manchester.
The airline will now fly its London routes from Heathrow as it has permanently discontinued its London Gatwick operations. Along with returning to Orlando, the airline will also resume flights to Hong Kong, Shanghai, New York JFK, and Los Angeles. The airline will also be implementing new health and safety measures.
These new health and safety measures include:
- Health questionnaires before check-in
- Electrostatic spraying of high-grade disinfectant onboard in all cabins and lavatories
- Supply of a personal Health Pack which will contain medical-grade face masks as a requirement to be worn onboard, surface wipes and hand gel
- A simplified hot food service onboard to minimize contact
While the airline will be resuming flights, it’s unknown when non-US citizens will be allowed back into the US. Travel restrictions are still in place and non-essential international travel is advised against.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Canadian Holiday Voyageurs Now Performing At 2021 Epcot Festival of the Holidays - November 30, 2021
- New Seasonal Donuts at the Donut Box at Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays - November 30, 2021
- New Holiday Magic Shots at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - November 29, 2021