Virgin Atlantic, a UK-based airline, will resume flights to Orlando International Airport on July 20, 2020. Virgin Atlantic is the main carrier from the UK to Orlando. Prior to COVID-19, the airline operated multiple direct flights per day to Orlando from both London and Manchester.
The airline will now fly its London routes from Heathrow as it has permanently discontinued its London Gatwick operations. Along with returning to Orlando, the airline will also resume flights to Hong Kong, Shanghai, New York JFK, and Los Angeles. The airline will also be implementing new health and safety measures.
These new health and safety measures include:
- Health questionnaires before check-in
- Electrostatic spraying of high-grade disinfectant onboard in all cabins and lavatories
- Supply of a personal Health Pack which will contain medical-grade face masks as a requirement to be worn onboard, surface wipes and hand gel
- A simplified hot food service onboard to minimize contact
While the airline will be resuming flights, it’s unknown when non-US citizens will be allowed back into the US. Travel restrictions are still in place and non-essential international travel is advised against.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- More Shopping Options added for California Adventure - December 3, 2020
- 2021 Disney World Military Discounts Now Available - December 3, 2020
- Disney World launches Mobile Merchandise Checkout - December 3, 2020