VFX Producer Rebecca Ramsey Passed Away at the Age of 53. You may not know her name, but you do know her movies. Famed VFX producer, Rebecca Ramsey, passed away on March 7, 2020 due to complications from a fall in her home.
According to Deadline, “Ramsey was a producer and EP of VFX, VR/AR/MR, 3D stereo, design and motion graphics for features, TV, titles, commercials and new media. She was a board member for the Visual Effects Society for several years and a longtime member of the Producers Guild.”
She is also credited with the creation of many iconic characters in films, including developing the vex needed to bring Davy Jones to life in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. Some of her most notable work can be found in films such as:
- The Life of Pi
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- I, Robot
- Spider-Man 3
- The Matrix Revolution
- The Bourne Identity
- the Wachowskis’ Speed Racer
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
Ramsey worked closely with studios Base FX, Gradient Effects, Hatch, Kaleidoscope Films, Look Effects, Modern Videofilm, RGA/LA, Stargate Studios and Todd AO Digital. At the time of her passing, Ramsey was working on VFX for the Warner Bros film, Clouds, set to release in theaters in 2021.
Our deepest condolences go out to her family, friends, and fans of her work.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co. for all things Disney.
Featured Photo Credit: Jenny McShane
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Star Wars Fans are Shocked After Learning Many Iconic Scenes in the Original Trilogy Were Paintings - March 7, 2021
- T.I. Removed from ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’ Cast After Sexual Abuse Allegations - March 7, 2021
- New ‘The Mutants’ X-Men Movie “In the Works” at Marvel Studios - March 7, 2021