More than a dozen television stations and print publications got a peak behind-the-construction wall at Fantasyland. The largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history will create approximatley 1500 jobs and nearly double the size of Fantasyland.
Since construction began in 2010, up to 700 construction jobs have been created, with an additional 800 operational jobs coming online over the next two years.
“By nearly doubling the size of Fantasyland, we will be able to accommodate more guests, and grow our business”, said Jim MacPhee, senior vice president of Walt Disney World Parks. “Just as importantly, this expansion will add more attractions and experiences, giving guests even more reasons to return”.
This multi-year expansion has been opening in phases. Recently, guests were able to enjoy Storybook Circus which includes two carousels of Dumbo the Flying Elephant along with a new interactive indoor queue, a re-themed Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini, and Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station. By the holidays, several more experiences will be introduced, including Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern and Ariel’s Grotto.
In 2013, Princess Fairytale Hall is expected to open and in 2014, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will complete the multi-year project.
- Kids of all Ages Join the Circus at Fantasyland (pics.chipandco.com)
- Double Dumbo Now in Flight Testing as Expansion Continues for the New Fantasyland Expansion (chipandco.com)
- Universal Studios Hollywood officially reopens TODAY! - April 16, 2021
- Disney Cruise Line Pop-Up Shop Now Open at Disney Springs - April 16, 2021
- Disney Magic sailings through October 9th have been suspended - April 15, 2021