As of 8:00am this morning Police officials are still looking for the 2 year old boy who was taken by an large alligator around 9:30pm last night at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort.
A press conference was held earlier this morning:
The Orange County Sheriff Department stated that the Nebraska family of five was relaxing on the shoreline just before Wishes. According to WESH the father and son were wading in a foot of water when the alligator attacked the boy. The father of the child entered the water and tried to wrestle the child away from the alligator, but he was unsuccessful. He was left with minor scratches on his hands following the encounter.
The parents of the boy notified cast members immediately and the Police were called.
Orange County authorities said over 50 people, including helicopters and marine units, were involved in the overnight search and about the same number of people would continue the search Wednesday.
Vice President of Walt Disney World Resort Jacquee Wahler made the following statement:
“Everyone here at the Walt Disney World Resort is devastated by this tragic accident. Our thoughts are with the family,” he said. “We are helping the family and doing everything we can to assist law enforcement.”
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Chris Evans Celebrates the Holidays at the Magic Kingdom - November 30, 2021
- Universal Orlando files new permits for construction on Epic Universe - November 30, 2021
- New holiday treats not to be missed at Walt Disney World - November 29, 2021