The My Disney Experience App offers a one-stop location on your mobile device to check park wait times, see maps, book FastPass+, book dining, find characters and so much more. A new unlock feature now allows guests to open their resort room door and common area resort doors directly with the app. Guests staying at Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Wilderness Lodge, and Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge already have this unlock feature available for their stay. There are now additional Disney resorts that have this new unlock feature via the My Disney Experience app.
Where It Works
You will be able to unlock the door to your room and other common areas that require a MagicBand or Key to the World Card at your Disney Resort hotel. Common areas may include pools, arcades, fitness centers, elevators and Club Level lounges.
Currently, this feature is only available at these Disney Resort hotels:
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Yacht Club
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
The unlock door feature may be available at additional Disney Resort hotels in the coming months.
How to Unlock Your Door
Follow these simple steps to unlock the door at your Disney Resort hotel:
- If Bluetooth on your mobile device is turned off, turn it on.
- Download and open the My Disney Experience app.
- Link your Disney Resort hotel reservation to your Disney account.
- View your Disney Resort hotel reservation.
- Select “Unlock Door”.
- Agree to use your device to unlock your door.
- Hold your mobile device against the door lock.
If you wish to no longer use your phone to unlock your door, please visit the Front Desk of your Disney Resort hotel.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? Click the link above or fill out the form below from a Certified Disney Travel Specialist from MickeyTravels, the official travel partner for Chip and Company.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be available to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.