I have been waiting for several months for this announcement and here it is!! Universal Orlando finally announced the film talent aka the actors that will make an appearance at the 3rd annual Celebration of Harry Potter, January 29-31, 2016.
Film Talent Appearances:
Rupert Grint (portrayed Ron Weasley), Matthew Lewis (portrayed Neville Longbottom), Katie Leung (portrayed Cho Chang), Bonnie Wright (portrayed Ginny Weasley), and Evanna Lynch (portrayed Luna Lovegood).
The “stars” of our favorite Harry Potter movies will be participating in the various parts of the event throughout the weekend including a Q&A for the fans. I think this is the best part of the entire event! You’ll also have the chance to hear some of the special panels and see some of the cool demonstrations from several other guests which I’ve listed below.
Special Panel and Demonstration Guests:
The Global Impact of Harry Potter: The Exhibition
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition panel will include exhibition creators, film producers, and film actors who have participated in the movies.
Harry Potter Props Showcase with Acclaimed Prop Maker Pierre Bohanna
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter presents head prop maker, Pierre Bohanna, who will answer questions like how long it takes to make a wand? My Question: I would like to know who creates the designs for the many unique wands that each of the Wizards and Witches have in the movies?
Graphic Design for the Harry Potter™ Films with MinaLima
- Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima, from the graphic design studio MinaLima, will share insights into their role as graphic prop designers, and how their paths crossed at the WB film studios to work for 10 years on the Harry Potter™ movies. You’ll see and learn how they created some of the amazing props like the Marauder’s Map, the Daily Prophet, and The Quibbler. They’ll also explain their roles in designing all the street and store graphics of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. During the panel they will welcome questions from the audience.
For The Younger Fans (Recommended for Ages 12 and Under)
Dance Like a Beauxbatons & Battle Like a Durmstrang
- Have you ever wanted to dance like one of the Beauxbatons students or fight like a Durmstrang like in the Harry Potter movies? Well you’ll have your chance to work with a Universal Orlando choreographer that trains the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students who perform daily at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. They will explain the movements and techniques behind the mesmerizing dance routines.
How well do your children (or you) know the Harry Potter films?
- Do you think you know EVERYTHING there is to know about the Harry Potter movies? Well now’s your time to shine! Enjoy a fun game to test your knowledge of the Harry Potter films in an audience-interaction game inviting younger fans to shout out the answers to film-specific questions.
Also appearing at “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo:
Harry Potter The Exhibition
- You’ll have the chance to get “sorted” into YOUR Hogwarts student house, in-case you didn’t already “know” which house you belong too! You’ll feel as if you are in the Great Hall on your very first day of Wizard school. So are you a Gryffindor, a Slytherin, a Hufflepuff or maybe a Ravenclaw? I’m a little bit of a Gryffindor AND Slytherin. However, I choose GRYFFINDOR!
- Once you step into the Expo you’ll feel like a real VIP with the red carpet rolled out leading you into an area celebrating to the global impact Harry Potter: The Exhibition has had during it’s 7-year 12-city tour, including an exclusive Quidditch inspired photo opportunity.
Pottermore from J.K. Rowling
- Some exciting news for fans of Pottermore. They have a surprise in store for fans attending this year’s A Celebration of Harry Potter. They will also have a special news writer attending the event to help report all that is going at A Celebration of Harry Potter.
- This year Scholastic will be at the event and they have several fun things for the fans to do. For example you can share a message about what the Harry Potter books mean too you. How many times have you read them cover to cover with the same excitement as if it was the first time. They will also have an area where you can color in a magical page from their brand-new Harry Potter coloring book. I can’t wait for this because I am a grown adult that loves to color!
- Be sure to enter daily raffles for a chance to win a copy of the new illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, a box set of all seven Harry Potter books, or a Harry Potter coloring book. Collectible giveaways available for Harry Potter fans of all ages.
This amazing event is included with regular theme park admission or with a your Universal Orlando Annual Pass. Admission to certain activities are on a first-come, first-serve basis so arrive early. Guest that purchase the exclusive event vacation packages will enjoy certain special benefits and reserved sections for the panels as well as the demonstrations. For more information about the exclusive event vacation packages that are still be available please feel free to contact me and review my previous article HERE with all the details.
Pack you robe and grab your wand because it’s time to head to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!
My name is Leigh Saleh. I’m a Travel Agent with World of Magic Travel. I’m a Universal Orlando Specialist, SeaWorld Parks Specialist, Legoland Florida Specialist and a Disney Destination Specialist as well as many more destinations including cruise lines. Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your next “Magical” family vacation to your favorite destination.
You can also visit my Facebook page, click here for more details, and updates on special offers to your favorite travel destinations. You will also find a ton of pictures from Walt Disney World,Disney Cruise Line, SeaWorld, Universal Orlando, and Legoland Florida.
**The Official photographs and Youtube video provided by Universal Orlando**