I know that what I am most looking forward to with the Disneyland Resort 60th celebration, in addition to the new fireworks show and parade, is the FOOD! Disney always does it right when it comes to specialty treats for events, and the 60th celebration will be no exception.
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration will touch every aspect of the guest experience, beginning May 22, 2015. As guests enjoy the spectacular, new shows highlighting the celebration, they’ll also encounter brilliant décor, special entertainment throughout the parks and countless opportunities to amplify the Diamond Celebration fun with food, beverage and souvenir offerings.
Guests Invited to Join the Entertainment
In addition to the “Paint the Night” parade, immersive “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular and new “World of Color – Celebrate!” shows, opportunities for guests to become part of the musical magic of Disneyland will be found throughout the resort.
- At Disneyland:
- Guests may join a daily Diamond March-Along up Main Street, U.S.A., with the Disneyland Band and Disney characters in their sparkling, new Diamond Celebration costumes. The cavalcade concludes with a Diamond Sing-Along at Town Square in Disneyland Park.
- Also on Main Street, U.S.A., the Dapper Dans quartet will invite guests to join Diamond Sing-Alongs, while the Straw Hatters band will encourage Diamond Dance-Alongs. Every musical group across the Disneyland Resort is incorporating special Diamond Celebration moments into its shows.
- At Disney California Adventure Park:
- Guests may Dream-Along with Mickey Mouse and the Red Car News Boys, as Mickey shares a whole new song about his vision for the Happiest Place on Earth. When the Five & Dime arrive on Buena Vista Street, guests will be immersed in a joyous Dance-Along with Dime, Goofy and the boys.
- Mad T Party returns to Disney California Adventure beginning May 22, as guests are invited down the rabbit hole to experience the Diamond Mad T Party, a nighttime entertainment party inspired by Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” motion picture.
- The Mad T Party main stage will feature a live band, performing contemporary and classic rock favorites as well as newly mashed-up Disney tunes given a rare Mad T Party twist. When the band isn’t onstage, the White Rabbit DJ takes over and plays the latest, hottest dance tunes.
- Also for Mad T Party, the Hottest Deck in Town dance crew will perform their high-energy show with a new look at a new location, the Hollywood Backlot Stage.
- Diamond Mad T Party guests will also play interactive games, take photos or just chill out with a cold drink from the Drink Me Bar or Chiller truck. A new photo location combines the fantastical spirit of the Mad T Party with a tribute to Disney’s past.
Dazzling Merchandise and Souvenirs
Disneyland fans and collectors desiring a beautiful Diamond Celebration memento will find plenty to excite them at Disneyland Resort merchandise locations. More than 500 merchandise items will be available, including apparel, accessories, art, collectibles, headwear, home décor, jewelry, pins, souvenirs, toys and more.
- Headwear will include a Diamond Celebration ear hat, Minnie Mouse rhinestone-embellished headband, and youth and adult baseball hats. Also being introduced from the Diamond Collection is a crystal-encrusted Minnie Mouse headband and Mickey Mouse ear hat.
- Home Décor items will include frames, snow globes, mugs, a dinner plate, dessert plate, trivet, napkin, drinkware and bottle topper, as well as a beach towel, throws and pillow.
- Toys will include an array of plush, a fashion doll, a Diamond Celebration truck hauler, train set, playing cards, puzzles, Sleeping Beauty Castle playset and more.
- Open and limited edition pins, trading accessories, boxed pin sets and framed pin sets will be available.
- Collectors also will be interested in limited release, limited edition and crystal embellished Vinylmation.
- Art & Collectibles will include notable brands such as Precious Moments, Lenox, Highland Mint and Arribas Bros. Over the course of the celebration, fans will find artwork by Dave Avanzino, Disney Design Group (Costa Alavezos, Tyler Dumas, Susan Foy, Caley Hicks, Alex Maher, Randy Noble), Liana Hee, Ink & Paint artists, Brian Jowers, Lisa Keene, Jerrod Maruyama, Kurt Raymond, Tim Rogerson, SHAG, Javier Soto and The Thomas Kinkade Studios and Gregg Visintainer, among others.
- Made with Magic: Newly designed Diamond Celebration ear hats, wands and paint brushes will light up to accompany the big, new after-dark shows.
Diamond Celebration Food and Beverage
The Disneyland Resort is filled with a variety of popular dining options. For the Diamond Celebration, some new specialties will join the classic favorites, served in colorful Diamond Celebration souvenir containers.
- Special Diamond Celebration Cupcakes will be found at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (lemon flavored) in Disneyland and the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café (orange flavored) in Disney California Adventure.
- Appropriately sparkling for the Diamond Celebration, a Pomegranate Silver Sparkler, topped with lemon-lime foam and garnished with silver flakes, will be served at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café on Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland.
- At the Lucky Fortune Cookery in Disney California Adventure, a special Lucky Fortune Tea will feature mango, pineapple and passion fruit flavoring.
- Exotic new Diamond Celebration beverages will also be available at Disneyland Resort hotel locations: a Longboard Lemonade at the PCH Grill in Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and a Wild Raspberry Rapids Lemonade at White Water Snacks in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Diamond Celebration Crisped Rice Treats, Caramel Corn and Cotton Candy will be available at select locations in the parks.
Select Attractions Glisten with New Magic
Disneyland Resort takes pride in keeping the guest experience sparkling and fresh, restoring and refreshing attractions on a regular basis. As the Diamond Celebration debuts, several attractions closed for renovations will reopen with some exciting changes.
- At Disneyland:
- The Hatbox Ghost, which appeared in the Haunted Mansion for a short period around the time the attraction opened in 1969, will materialize once again when the popular Mansion reopens to guests this spring in New Orleans Square. Guests will discover the ghost just before they descend into the cemetery, where the Hatbox Ghost performs an eerie trick.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds will reopen for the Diamond Celebration with new special effects. The Abominable Snowman, more exciting and ferocious, will appear in new and animated ways. A new scene will reveal some lost treasure the Snowman has been hoarding inside the mountain.
- Also reopening in May is Peter Pan’s Flight, featuring new special effects that make this classic and beloved attraction sparkle with new life. In a reimagined nursery scene, the Darling children have discovered the magic of flight as Tinker Bell flits overhead, sprinkling them with Pixie Dust. Guests will marvel at moonlit London Town and Never Land will glow in beautiful new ways.
- At Disney California Adventure:
- Grizzly Peak is expanding into the former Condor Flats area with new building exteriors, landscape features and more. A new quick-service food location, Smokejumpers Grill, opened in March, 2015, inspired by the brave men and women who fight wildfires in the California forests. When the entire area reopens on Friday, May 15, lush pine trees will bring cool areas of shade to the expanded Grizzly Peak, making guests feel as if they have been transported to California’s High Sierras. Soarin’ Over California will reopen with updates to its screen and projection system, bringing a visually enhanced experience.
I’m Stephanie – Disneyland news writer for Chip & Co and Premier Annual Passholder to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I am also an Annual Passholder for Universal Studios Hollywood. Along with being a HUGE Walt Disney fan and entertainment junkie, I am an Independent Travel Consultant with World of Magic Travel, the preferred Travel Agency of Chip & Co. When I am not planning my next trip to Disneyland, you can find me tinkering on various craft projects, training for my next runDisney race and working in my home office. Who am I kidding – I am always planning my next Disney trip!
Contact me today for your FREE quote for Disney and other magical destinations at email@example.com. There is always time to book that last minute Disneyland trip for the 60th celebration! I look forward to helping you make some vacation magic very soon!