Bring some magic to your kitchen with Walt Disney’s favorite chili!
When it came to food, Walt preferred very simple and basic foods like burgers, hot cakes, sandwiches, fried potatoes but there was one that he loved the most and that was chili and beans.
That’s why we wanted to share with you Walt’s Chili Recipe so you can recreate it at home!
- 2 lbs of coarse ground beef
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- 1 large can solid pack tomatoes
- 2 lbs of dry pink beans
- For extra flavor you can add some of the following spices as well:
- 1 little yellow Mexican chili pepper
- Coriander seeds
- Chili seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Dry ginger
- First soak the beans overnight in cold water
- The next day, drain them and add water again to cover 2 inches over the beans
- Simmer with the onions until they are tender (takes about 4 hours)
- For the sauce, brown the meat and minced garlic in oil
- Add the celery, chili powder, paprika, dry mustard, tomatoes and salt and simmer for 1 hour
- Once the beans are tender add the sauce and simmer for 30 minutes
Did you know Walt’s favorite place to get chili was Chili John’s in Burbank, CA? And the coolest part is they still serve it! So next time you are in California, you should definitely make a stop to try this delicious dish!
What do you think of Walt’s Chili Recipe? Let us know!
Credit: D23For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney’s Kitchen Sink Recipe! - May 26, 2020
- Perfect On The Go Combo From Wine Bar George In Disney Springs! - May 24, 2020
- Celebrate Your 2020 Grad With A Little Disney Magic! - May 23, 2020