Start by gathering your ingredients and slicing/dicing your produce.
- 1 pound bacon chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 large Russet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 small red potatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onion
Then you will want to follow the instructions carefully!
- Cook bacon in a large 5-6 quart pot over medium heat. Cook and stir until crisp. Remove bacon and place onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to bacon grease, stirring and cooking until fork-tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, stirring until well combined, letting cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and half of the bacon, stirring to combine.
- Add diced potatoes, salt, pepper and garlic salt, stirring to combine. Let potatoes cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- With the back of a fork, mash most of the potatoes and vegetables, this creates a thick, creamy soup base.
- Stir in cream and let warm on low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve each cup of soup topped with shredded cheese, remaining bacon crumbles, and chives or green onion.
I love a good loaded potato soup and this one did not disappoint! It was creamy and loaded with flavor. Definitely a Disney recipe to try at home!
I found the recipe here.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Get into the Holidays Spirit with Christmas Corkcicles at Wine Bar George in Disney Springs - November 28, 2021
- Aerial look at the Primeval Whirl demolition in the Animal Kingdom - November 28, 2021
- Sterling K. Brown to Narrate Disneyland’s Candlelight Processional - November 27, 2021