With Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival officially underway at the Walt Disney World Resort, guests are having no trouble finding delicious eats around the World Showcase. Have you ever tried a dish at Food and Wine and thought, “I’d love to make this at home?” If you’ve visited the Brazil marketplace located between France and Morocco, you’ve likely seen Moqueca. The team shared the recipe with #DisneyFamilia so you can make it in your own kitchen!
Moqueca is a seafood stew featuring scallops, shrimp and white fish with coconut-lime sauce on top of steamed rice. It’s so flavorful, with the right spice level to satisfy all!
Try this at your next family dinner for a great meal:
Moqueca (Shrimp Stew with Coconut Milk)
Serves 4 to 6
36 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
6 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 medium yellow onions, chopped, divided
1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons butter or palm oil
3-4 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- Place shrimp in wide shallow dish. Stir together 2 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl and pour over shrimp. Turn shrimp to coat and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Purée half of the chopped onions and the coconut milk in a blender; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add remaining chopped onions and cook until translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and 2 tablespoons cilantro, stirring occasionally until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk purée and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in butter or palm oil.
- Add shrimp, pouring any remaining marinade in the skillet. Stir in remaining cilantro. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- To serve, spoon over hot rice.
This year’s International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot runs through November 12th so there’s still plenty of time to plan those vacations!
Would you like some help planning the perfect Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I can not only help you find the perfect vacation package, I can also help with the details afterwards such as dining reservations and FastPass selections. My detailed itineraries and touring plans ensure that your vacation is absolutely perfect. Best of all, my service are 100% FREE! Contact me today to book your dream Disney vacation! 1.803.290.7334 or via email at email@example.com.
Images copyright: Disney
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.