Celebrate National Pet Day with this fun and tasty recipe for your fur friend: Mickey Shaped Dog Treats!
Because they also deserve some Disney magic in their lives, why not treat them with these adorable snacks that will have them wiggling their tails in excitement!
Everyone in your family can help make them by following this easy recipe from Disney Family:
MICKEY SHAPED DOG TREATS
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (for a grain-free treat, substitute 1/3 cup coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (make sure your peanut butter doesn’t contain Xylitol)
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree. Once combined, add stock.
- If using a Mickey-shaped cookie cutter: Use your hands to press the dough into a ball. Place dough ball on a flat surface (with a sprinkle of flour if needed) and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into a Mickey shape and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until golden brown and hard to the touch. The baking time will vary based on the size of the treats.
- If using a silicone Mickey shaped mold, fill each mold about half way. Bake for 10 minutes, brush tops with stock, and bake 10 minutes more.
- Let biscuits cool completely before serving to your dog. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
We hope your fur friend enjoy them!
Credit: Disney Family
- Red Nosed Zebra From Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar! - May 14, 2021
- Share A Delicious Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie With Your Family! - May 13, 2021
- Fried Pickles Recipe From Carnation Cafe! - May 12, 2021