We are celebrating Galentine’s Day with our favorite gal Minnie!
Share these tasty Minnie Mouse Cupcakes with your favorite girls! They are inspired in the 1940’s Minnie’s look with a red pillbox hat and blue polka dot skirt. Truly adorable!
These cupcakes are super easy to make with this easy recipe we have for you and make the perfect little gift for your gals. So let’s start baking:
MINNIE MOUSE CUPCAKES
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- Cream cheese frosting
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- 1/4 cup of white candy melts
- 1/4 cup of green candy melts
- Yellow confetti sprinkles
- Sanding sugar
- 16 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- Muffin tin
- Blue polka-dot cupcake liners
- Small paper drinking cup
- Baking sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Kitchen tweezers
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and water. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with blue polka dot cupcake liners. Bake according to instructions on the cake mix box. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mash up 4 cupcakes into a small mixing bowl until a dough is formed. If the dough is too dry, add a bit of frosting to the mixture. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the dough, roll into a ball, then cut each ball in half. Dip each halved cake ball into the red candy melts. Tap off any excess melts, then place onto a baking sheet fitted with parchment paper.
- While the melts are still setting, insert a toothpick into one side of the domed round. Allow to dry completely.
- Use a ruler and marker to mark up the sides of drinking cup by 3/4″. Use scissors to cut around the cup so that the entire circumference is 3/4″ up the sides of the cup.
- Spoon 2 tablespoon of the warmed melts into the cup mold. Tilt the melts around to completely coat the inside of the mold and up the sides. Allow to dry completely and unmold. Use a dab of the red melts to attach a dipped half cake ball into the center of the molded tart shell.
- Melt the white and green candy melts. Create the daisies by using toothpicks to draw small daisies onto parchment paper. Allow to dry completely, then flip over. Also use toothpicks to draw the green flower stems. Before the stems completely dry, attach a completed daisy onto the top end of each stem.
- Allow to dry completely. Use a dab of white melts to attach a yellow confetti sprinkle in the center of each daisy.
- With a twisting motion, remove the toothpick from Minnie’s hat. Use kitchen tweezers to insert the stem of a completed daisy into the small hole. Tiny dabs of leftover red melts can be used as glue to secure the daisy to the hat.
- Frost the cupcakes. Sprinkle a little sanding sugar atop the frosting. Place 1 mini sandwich cookie on each side of the cupcake as Minnie’s ears. Top the cupcake with Minnie’s vintage daisy hat and enjoy.
We hope you enjoy these Minnie Mouse cupcakes and have a happy galentine’s day!
Credit: Disney Family
- Surprise Mom With A Tonga Toast Breakfast This Mother’s Day! - May 8, 2021
- Apple Crumble Tarts Recipe From Epcot Food & Wine Festival! - May 7, 2021
- Surprise Your Ohana With A Stitch Smoothie Bowl! - May 6, 2021