Those traveling from Florida to New York are now required to fill out forms documenting their travels plans or they will face a penalty of up to $2,000.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced plans to issue the order on Monday, July 13th. It applies to travelers coming from 19 hot spots in the United States. States such as Florida, California and Texas are among the list of hot spots.
You can read Governor Andrew Cuomo’s actual Tweet here.
NY is issuing an emergency health order:
Out-of-state travelers from designated high-COVID states must provide their contact information upon arrival.
If you fail to provide it, you will receive a summons with a $2K fine.
We’re serious about enforcing quarantine.
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) July 13, 2020
“You must give officials at the airport your form as to where you came from and where you’re going before you leave the airport,” Cuomo said at a press conference Monday. “It will be enforced at every airport in the state of New York.”
The forms will be handed out on flights and will be available online.
Last month, Cuomo issued another order requiring travelers from hotspots to quarantine for two weeks upon entering the state. But the quarantine order has been hard to enforce, with tens of thousands of travelers refusing to sign forms and bypassing health officials who are trying to collect information.
Anyone who chooses not to disclose their travel plans will be given a summons that carries a $2,000 fine. This is vital information for those traveling between states this summer.
“We can’t be in a situation where we have people from other states bringing the virus again,” Cuomo said. Complying with this new travel order will help stop the spread of the virus, thus helping everyone in the long run.
Source: New York / Governor Andrew Cuomo