The Edison at Disney Springs invites you to join them for a flavorful Scottish-tasting adventure. Delicious Scottish beverages and bites will be featured this coming month as part of their Scottish Mixology Series.
If you have never been to the Edison it’s a restaurant, bar, and live entertainment venue in Disney Springs. The theming is eccentric and lavish with vibes of gothic, steampunk, and industrial type décor placed in the 1920s era. It was created with the idea in mind to resemble a 1920s theme power plant. It also shares a “secret tunnel” with Enzo’s Hideaway.
This Scottish Mixology Series will take place at the Edison over 3 separate Wednesdays. Each Wednesday a different set of expertly paired Scottish Whiskeys and savory bites will be offered. Each one is themed after a different Scottish region.
Scottish Mixology Dates
Wednesday June 8th – Caol lla ( Islay)
- Scotch Bonnet – Caol IIa Scotch, Pineapple Juice, Orgeat, Lime Juice, Black Walnut Bitters, Ginger Beer
- The Blasphemy – Caol lla Scotch, Remy Martin 1738 Cognac, Orgeat, Cherry Bitters
- Roasted root vegetables, with a spicy lime ginger vinaigrette
- Fried chocolate cherry puff pastry with a Remy 1738 caramel syrup
Wednesday June 15th – Dewars White Label (Highlands)
- White Tai – Dewars White Label Scotch, Malibu Rum, Lime Juice, Orgeat, Orange Bitters
- Coffin Varnish – Dewars White Label Scotch, King’s Ginger Liqueur, Lemon Juice, Honey Syrup, Float of Caol IIa Scotch
- Fried Tempura Shrimp with a curried coconut cream sauce
- Lemon and Pecorino sautéed pasta served with seared peppercorn beef
Wednesday June 22nd Johnnie Walker Black Label (Speyside)
- Black Guava Beat Down – Johnnie Walker Label Scotch , Yuzu Juice, Guava Puree, Yellow Chartreuse, Orgeat,
- Black Suburban – Johnnie Walker Label Scotch, Cocoa Infused Port, Kraken Dark Rum, Amaro Montenegro, Bogarts Bitters
- Jerked Chicken Thighs on a slaw bed with jerked guava sauce
- Bacon wrapped sirloin with sautéed greens and roasted carrots
Tickets are $65.00 plus per person, per week. You can purchase just one Wednesday or purchase all three dates if you’re lucky enough to book early enough to snag them all. This event is for ages 21 and older only.
This is a special ticket event and tickets are very limited as this event will be held in Edison’s beautiful Lakeside Patio in Disney Springs from 6 pm to 8 pm. Sounds like a perfect time to enjoy a nice sunset and the cooler part of the day.
You can purchase your tickets here by clicking here for the Edison Scottish Mixology Event
This sounds like a fun evening. Have you ever been to the Edison in Disney Springs? What was your favorite drink or dish? I’m guessing most of you will agree on the candied bacon!
Make sure you subscribe to Chip and Company on social media so you don’t miss out on all the latest Disney news.