Beginning today, movie fans nationwide can get ready for Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story 4 with all new games from Shuffle, Noovie’s new movie trivia mobile game from National CineMedia (NCM), creators of the Noovie pre-show seen in movie theaters nationwide. This marks the first studio collaboration for Noovie Shuffle.
The new Shuffle original trivia games are based on the entire Pixar feature film universe and are a fun part of the marketing campaign for Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story 4, which opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.
Designed as a web app at www.noovie.com/shuffle, Shuffle is a whirlwind collection of card-based movie-trivia mini-games where players must answer questions as quickly as possible to earn points before time runs out. Questions will come fast and furious, and players will be sorting, flinging, and swiping cards at a breakneck pace to accumulate points and earn the best score. Movie fans can test their Hollywood IQ anytime, anywhere, with a fun mix of challenging new Shuffle trivia games based on their favorite Pixar films, including:
- Flicks – As new movie cards come up in the deck, quickly swipe the card left or right to answer a yes/no question about the Pixar universe.
- Star Chains – Find the connection between Pixar movies and actors to create a chain of correct answers. The longer the chain, the higher the points.
- Match Up – Correctly match 3 pairs of Pixar movie-related cards. The faster you are, the more sets you get to match and win.
- Timeline – Which came first? Decide if an event happened before or after another event, such as the year a Pixar movie was released or the plot sequence of a story.
- Bonus Round – Click on as many cards as you can that fit a given Pixar movie topic or category before they disappear.
New games and new card decks featuring movie topics based on studios or universes, specific films, or film categories like supervillains, movie music superstars, giant monsters, movie toys, and many more are added to Shuffle on an ongoing basis to match the current film slate and keep Shuffle fresh and challenging for players.
“Fans have been looking forward to Toy Story 4 for a long time, and this first-ever collaboration with Shuffle lets them gear up for Woody and the gang’s latest adventure in a unique and engaging way,” said David Sieden, Vice President, Cinema Partnerships at The Walt Disney Studios. “Movie trivia has always been an audience favorite, and Shuffle’s new mobile games are an entertaining way for people to connect with the Pixar characters and films that they love, both in the theater and beyond.”
The Walt Disney Studios is also the premiere studio collaborator for NCM’s Noovie Backlot content segments, offering movie audiences a unique behind-the-scenes looks at upcoming films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, and was the first studio to create an in-theater Augmented Reality (AR) activation with NCM’s Noovie ARcade for Ralph Breaks the Internet.
“Disney is once again leading the way in mobile movie gaming, and we’re very excited to work with them on our first studio collaboration for Shuffle, Noovie’s new movie trivia game,” said NCM Chief Digital Officer, Rick Butler. “What’s especially cool aboutShuffle is that movie audiences can play anytime, anywhere, so fans can enjoy it while they’re in their local Noovie theater waiting for the movie to start, or while they’re at home or on the go. By going beyond the big screen, we’re making movies an even bigger part of people’s daily lives.”
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- New Tomorrowland Sign Installed in the Magic Kingdom - September 17, 2019
- Great Moments in American History with the Muppets set to close this month - September 17, 2019
- Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney’s California Adventure Now Completely Sold out - September 16, 2019