There are many people out there who think of Walt Disney World as a place for kids and families, and it is true that they do cater largely to that crowd. BUT, that isn’t all they do – they work hard to make WDW a place where those of all ages can go to have fun. Personally, I love WDW even more as an adult than I did as a kid, and in case you are on the fence, here are my top 5 reasons why you should give WDW a try for your next adult vacation:
1. It’s Truly a “World” of it’s own – It’s a place where you can forget your stress and cares, and enjoy the rides, sites and characters that are around every corner at WDW. It will make you feel like a kid, and it’s truly one of the best places to have fun and enjoy yourselves!
2. The FOOD – At a lot of other theme parks, the food options range from deep fried chicken fingers and fries to ice cream and hamburgers, without a lot of variety or healthy options readily available. Disney takes Park cuisine to a whole new level – they really do have it all. There are plenty of counter service restaurants around the Parks, where you will find the standard burgers/fries/chicken, but where they also have more unique items like BBQ ribs, salads, sandwiches, soups, paninis, and delicious desserts. If you’re in the mood to relax and enjoy a sit down meal, then there are tons of sit down restaurants that range from casual to fancy with dress codes, and offer fresh seafood, delicious steaks, and plenty of other options. And if you’re more into the “all you can eat” type of cuisine, Disney has some really delicious buffets, some of which are character meals, where you can enjoy a buffet and get the chance to meet and greet your favorite characters all at the same time! We like using Disney Dining for all of our Food News & Reviews!
3. Wet Your Whistle– There are a lot of different and unique places to get an ‘adult beverage’ at Walt Disney World. From Drinking Around The World which gives you a chance to sample beers, wines and other drinks from other countries, to the monorail happy hour, to assorted frozen beverages to help keep you cool under the hot Florida sun (like a delicious stoplight margarita, available at Hollywood Studios). It has also recently been announced that the new Be Our Guest restaurant in the new will have a beer and wine list – a first for the Magic Kingdom, which was previously a ‘dry park’. So while WDW may seem like a ‘kids theme park’, you will be quite pleased to realize that your drink options are plentiful and thirst-quenchingly delicious.
4. Making Your Dreams Come True – Walt said “If you can dream it, you can do it”, and the Cast Members at WDW can make pretty much any wish you can think of come true. If you are celebrating something (like an anniversary, birthday, honeymoon, family reunion, etc) you can get special pins that you can wear to commemorate the occasion. Specialty cakes can also be ordered for delivery at many WDW restuarants, and you can even order gifts like flowers or gift baskets or even have your Resort room decorated as a surprise for your loved ones (more info on WDW gifts here)
5. A Lot To Explore Outside The Theme Parks – If Theme Parks and Rides aren’t your thing, then check out the night life at Downtown Disney, where there are plenty of things to do, or head to one of the many beautiful Resorts for some amazing shopping and dining options.
So there they are, some of the top reasons why adults will love vacationing at Walt Disney World. And if those can’t convince you, then consider this – there really is something for everyone at WDW- from full service spas, to award winning golf courses, to parasailing and boat rentals, to water parks, to dining and shopping, to enjoying the rides and attractions at the Theme Parks.
What do you think – is WDW a good ‘adults only’ vacation spot?
- Top 10 Ways Walt Disney World Has Spoiled Me (chipandco.com)
- Things you can only get at Walt Disney World… (chipandco.com)
- Make Use Of Those Disney Park Maps With These Easy To Make Coasters! - January 20, 2020
- Disney World Character Meal Tips with Toddlers - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Disney World with your WHOLE Family - March 14, 2017