It’s officially fall and we couldn’t be more excited. We love fall and all things comfy and spooky and apparently so does Universal Orlando. They have really upped the game this year with all the amazing offerings not only at the parks but their hotels as well. Here are five reason you need to visit Universal this fall.
1. Halloween Festivities
- Universal may have canceled their full Halloween Horror Nights event but they do have two houses set up! They recently announced a smaller version that will go on during park hours at Universal Studios. Starting October 3rd these haunted houses will be available daily.
- The Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store is so spooky and fun! There are four differently themed rooms and all of them are so amazing! Make sure to check out the frightfully delightful snacks they have inside!
- Scarecrow Stalk is a fun new scavenger hunt all around Univeral Studios! You can visit 13 stores for stamps and then get a fun treat bag at the end.
- Trick-or-treat at Islands of Adventure! This year kids under 12 can dress up in costume and go trick-or-treating. Just look for the pumpkin sticker that marks each participating location!
- Get into the Halloween spirit with a costume of your own! While totally optional, costumes are encouraged when you come visit Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure to fully embrace the season.
- Catch horror films playing at Universal Cinemark in CityWalk throughout the fall months.
2. Fall Food and Beverage
Universal has stepped up their food game with some delicious fall-themed food and beverages all throughout the parks. Make sure to bring your appetite you won’t want to miss any of these delicious treats.
- Try some HHN-inspired dessertslike Werewolf Chocolate Cake Pops and Beating Heart Sour Gummies in the HHN Tribute Store. The Werewolf Cake Pop was absolutely delicious! We highly recommend!
View this post on Instagram
It’s spooky season!! We got a Werewolf chocolate cakepop at the HHN tribute store! This deliciously wicked treat was $8.40 before Passholder discount. It was so good! The cake was moist and not dry at all. @universalorlando #universalorlando #universalstudios #universalstudiosflorida #universalorlandoresort #uoap #annualpassholder #orlandoflorida #islandsofadventure #wizardingworldofharrypotter #halloweenhorrornights #HHN30 #universalpark #citywalk #universalphotography #universalresort
- The classic, beloved, delectable Pizza Fries are ready for you at Louie’s in Universal Studios.
- Swing by Voodoo Doughnut for a Pumpkin Spice Specialty Doughnut and/or a Jack-themed Doughnut.
- Skeleton Bar in Cafe La Bamba is open on weekends and offers three unique, Halloween-inspired cocktails. Plus, as you’re walking toward the bar, there will be food offerings, so if you find yourself Screaming for S’mores Fries, you’re in the right place.
- TODAY Cafe is serving a fall-themed Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and I will be ordering approximately 1,789 of them once they’re available in October.
- Cold Stone Creamery in CityWalk if offering a Fall Into Chocolate Signature Creation.
3. Volcano Bay
If you’re hoping to hit Universal’s waterpark Volcano Bay fall is the perfect time. The park is still open and the temperature isn’t as hot as the summer months but still perfect for a swim. Plus crowds tend to be better at Volcano Bay during the fall months.
4. Cooler Fall Nights
Nights can be cooler during the fall and that makes all of the wizards/witches happy! Time to bust out those Hogwarts house scarfs and robes. While it may still be a little too warm during the day for fun pictures in your house robes the cooler temperatures during fall nights are perfect.
5.The Hotels Get In On The Fall Action, Too
- HHN Icon Cocktails – I’m still internally deciding which I’ll order first, The Director (Ketel One Vodka, Kahlua, Amaretto, Heavy Cream) or The Chance (Bacardi Superior Rum, Aperol, Sour, orange bitters, orange, soda). Both of these cocktails are available at Velvet Bar and Beach Club at Hard Rock Hotel Orlando; Bula at Loews Royal Pacific Resort; Swizzle Lounge at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort; and Sand Bar Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. So wherever you choose to stay this fall, you can grab one of these cocktails and will likely catch me doing the same.
- Fire Pits – I am such a fan of fire pits that I have multiple candles in my apartment to make my home smell like a bonfire. Getting to enjoy ACTUAL fire pits at our hotels is an absolute bundle-y delight that I highly encourage you to add to your list of must-do’s during your fall stay. At Cabana Bay, you can even grab a s’mores kit at Bayliner Diner.
- Fall Beers – Fall beers are the best kind of beers, in my opinion. So much so that most years for my September birthday, friends gift me fall beers. They are GOOD and they are AVAILABLE at Jake’s American Bar in Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Sample them all with a beer flight and some pretzel rods with Porter cheese fondue.
There are so many fun Fall offerings at Universal Orlando this year! Plus there is something for everyone in the family, spooky frights for the older crowd and trick-or-treating for the younger crowd. Plus so many fun snacks for all to enjoy. We can’t wait to keep trying all fall fun. Now to get working on that snack list.
Information is from Blog Universal