Walt Disney World is always thought of as the most magical place in the world, but why? With the 4 major theme parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, the water parks, Disney Springs, endless resorts and restaurants there is so much going on yet every detail feels so personal and magical. What make Disney World so magical?
Here is my list of the top 5 reason why I love Disney World:
- Character Interaction – True some of the character’s meet and greets have been taken away recently but there are still tons of places to meet your favorites. Meeting characters is not just a chance to take a picture or get an autograph of a loved character but it is also a way to bring back childhood innocence, when I’m standing there next to Mickey I’m not thinking of any adult responsibilities, I am completely happy, like a child. This is one of my favorite parts of visiting the parks.
- Themed Restaurants/Character dining – Ok everyone needs food to survive, that’s a fact. But Disney does food in a fun and magical way. Whether you having a family dinner at O’hana with the Hula dancers and the bano Singer performing for you, or you are having breakfast at the Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and gang visiting your table and parading through the restaurant, there is something fun happening to remind you there is magic at every turn.
- The classic ride – How could anyone not get happy singing their way through It’s a Small World or yo-ho-ho-hoing their way through Pirates of the Caribbean, or being scared silly in The Haunted Mansion? Classic Disney rides are classic for a reason, they bring you to a point of happiness that surpasses all the rest. Although they get updates and refurbishment they are the same ride you grew up loving and now can pass that enjoyment onto your children. These are rides I could ride over and over.
- The Mountains – Whether I’m riding in the dark through space on Space Mountain, coasting over the wild west on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, getting soaked along with Br’er Rabbit on my favorite of all the mountains Splash Mountain or chasing that Yeti on Expedition Everest, the mountains are one of the best parts of my visits to Disney World. I enjoy most of the rides in all of the theme parks but these are definitely my most must do’s
- The overall feel – Customer service is one of the most important factors in all businesses. Disney goes above and beyond in this aspect, you feel it from the second you board the Magical Express where you watch Disney related cartoons until you arrive at your resort. From the resort to the transportation to the theme parks there is not one part of this vacation that doesn’t make you feel like you are a VIP guest.
I know there are so many other experiences that could be added to the above list, Star Wars, the many shows, all of the night-time entertainment, but I went with my top 5, what do you include in your top 5?