Disney World Table Service locations offer more than just burgers and fries. Here are my personal top five, which is definitely light on the burgers and fries:
5. Casey’s Corner in the Magic Kingdom. I’m not a huge hot dog fan anywhere else, but there’s something about a hotdog from Casey’s, especially on your way out of the Magic Kingdom or while you’re watching the fireworks. Check out our article for more Disney World Firework Viewing Locations.
4. Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. It’s a bit out of the way, so if you’re not staying there you may never get a chance to try it, but if you’re doing some resort hopping, it’s definitely worth having lunch at Mara. Good sandwiches, flat breads, and friendly service. The turkey sandwich on ciabatta bread with kalamata olive spread is literally one of the best sandwiches I’ve had anywhere.
3. Sunshine Seasons, Epcot. Something for everyone, good quality, and fresh taste. Some of the best counter service options in any Disney park. It’s also one of the few counter service places in Epcot that serves breakfast. Many times it is not that busy too!
2. Sommerfest, located in the at Epcot. It’s a bit out of the way, located next to the queue area for Biergarten, so you might just miss it. There’s not a lot of variety, but you can satisfy your craving for German food with a bratwurst and a slice of Black Forest cake. They also serve beer, wine, pastries and pretzels. The seating area is small, but if you can get a table it’s very cool and shady. You’ll feel like you’re in a little town square in Germany.
1. Wolfgang Puck Express, Downtown Disney. Hands down, the best value for your counter service dining plan credits. It’s also just plain good food. Disney pizza tends to have a bad reputation, but WPE serves pizza that I would eat anywhere, not just because I’m at Disney World and the kids really want pizza. The service is friendly, it’s in an open and airy space, and it’s rarely crowded like the Earl of Sandwich, which is nearby. Love the aforementioned pizzas, sandwiches, pastas and salads. The entrees here are as good as you’ll find in a casual sit-down restaurant; some of them are even better. There’s no skimping on the quality ingredients. Don’t forget to try the crème brulee.
With Top Eats, Chip and I want to share our favorite food experiences with you. We’d love to hear about your favorite counter service restaurants as well in the comments section.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!