There is a lot of discussion if the Disney Dining Plan is worth the money, well I’m not going to try to convince you to go for the dining plan, or to stay away from it. This article is simply if you already have the dining plan how to maximize it.
Here are the tips I found for you!
6. Understand the valve of the quick service meals – Quick service meals are valued at $15.00, don’t get a salad, go for a big meal. At Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue you can get chicken and ribs! GO FOR THE BIG MEALS!
5. Understand the value of the table service meals – Table service meals are valued at $35.00, use it all! This is the time where you look for the most expensive restaurant, with food you enjoy of course, and go for it. I would never pay out-of-pocket for O’hana but on the dining plan I go all the time!
4. Don’t use your snack credits for water – snack credits are worth $5.00, water is much cheaper than that. You get a refillable mug with the dining plan that can be used at your resort only, but bring it to the park, fill it at a water foundation! Get a real snack!
3. Don’t use your dining plan on breakfast – this is usually the cheapest meal of the day anyway so why would you waste a dining credit on it? There are no desserts with breakfast, if you want to add fruit or something you’ll have to pay for it anyway. So save these credits for lunch or dinner!
2. Use table service for dinner instead of lunch – Just like breakfast is the cheapest meal of the day, dinner is much more expensive than lunch so use those table service credits for dinner. There are usually more options for dinner than at lunch anyway.
1. Use your dining snack credits at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival – You can get some pretty amazing little tastes at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, why pay for them? Use those snack credits and eat your way through the World Showcase for free!
I also have one more tip for those left over snack credits, on your last day use your snack credits to get a bunch of goodies to take home with you!
I hope you enjoyed all of my tips and happy eating!
Do you have a tip I missed? Comment below!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.