One of the biggest problems guests encounter visiting Walt Disney World is the heat! Extreme heat and humidity can really limit your day at the parks, as well as put a drain on your wallet as you are constantly buying Mickey Premium Bars and drinks to cool down. Heat can also make waiting in line and walking through the parks a real chore, especially when traveling with kids.
Therefore, to provide some relief from the central Florida heat, here are my Top 5 Ways to Beat the Heat at Walt Disney World.
1. Resort Hop-This is one of my favorite things to do at Disney World and a great activity to do during the heat of the day. After visiting Epcot or the Magic Kingdom in the morning, hop aboard a monorail and visit the deluxe resorts. You can explore some of the best resorts Disney has to offer, get some great pics, enjoy their breathtaking views, and even do a little shopping all in the shade and away from the sun!
2. Swim/Water Park-Disney offers some of the best resort pools and water parks anywhere! Many Disney pros recommend visiting the theme parks early in the morning and then coming back in the evening; and during the summer, we agree! So if you head back to your resort, visit a pool to cool off or hop aboard a bus to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. This is a great way to pack as much Disney fun in a day without letting the heat dominate your schedule.
3. Shopping/Downtown Disney-Who doesn’t like souvenir shopping at Disney World? When it’s hot outside, head into the variety of air-conditioned Disney shops located throughout the Disney parks and resorts! If you planning on doing some serious shopping, head to Downtown Disney’s Marketplace to visit a myriad of shops selling all kinds of merchandise. It’s a definite a must-see for anyone on vacation to Disney and what a better time than during the heat?
4. Epcot’s Future World-Future World at Epcot offers air-conditioned, indoor pavilions that you can experience at your own pace. For example, inside of the Land, you can ride Soarin’ and Living with the Land, along with the Circle of Life show, and all indoors! You can also have a snack or a meal at Sunshine Seasons, one of the best quick service locations on property. The Seas with Nemo and Friends begins with a ride in a clam shell through Nemo’s world into a huge area where you can see fish, dolphins, manatees, and more in a variety of tanks and exhibits. This pavilion is dark and cool and both kids and adults enjoy it. You can also visit and talk with Crush from Pixar’s Finding Nemo here at Turtle Talk with Crush! Finally, check out Club Cool at Future World, a pavilion housing Coca-Cola merchandise and soda fountains offering different sodas from around the world! The best thing is that you can sample these soft drinks as much as you want and it’s all free! This is definitely a great place to cool off!
5. The Magic of Disney Animation-Located at Hollywood Studios, The Magic of Disney Animation has a lot to offer indoors and out of the sun. There’s a really entertaining film/show that explains the animation process starring a Disney animator and Mushu from Mulan. Afterwards, you get a glimpse of some art work for upcoming Disney films before being led in a huge area where you can play interactive games and get some great pictures with several Disney characters! For parents, there’s also places to sit and relax. There’s also an art class here where young and old can learn to draw a Disney character. This is a really fun experience and you get to take your picture home. The exit of the Art of Animation is an Art of Disney store where can take home some great Disney art work yourself.
So what do you think? What is your favorite way to keep cool at Disney World?
- Ten Tips for Staying Cool at Disney World This Summer
- Spending the Day at Downtown Disney
- Walt Disney World Waterparks: Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.