It’s no secret that a Disney Vacation can be expensive! So to make the magic happen, we Disney fans have to get creative to save some cash; and I’m a big fan of taking advantage of the values that Disney has to offer to help me in my efforts. While there are many ways to pinch pennies, here are my Top 5 Ways to Save Money on a Disney Vacation!
5. Disney Dining Plan-This plan allots each guest a number of meals and snacks per day. There are three different types of plans: the Quick Service Dining Plan, the Standard Dining Plan, and the Deluxe Dining Plan. The Quick Service plan only lets guests eat at quick service restaurant, but it can really save you some cash; and the standard plan is a great money-saver for guests who want to enjoy a table service restaurants during their stay. Regardless of which one you choose, the plan helps you keep a cap on your spending which can really add up; and the best saving of all is when you can take advantage of a free dining offer, like what is going on now!
4. Value Resorts-There are three resort categories at Walt Disney World and the cheapest is the value resort category. Value resorts are not as luxurious as Disney’s deluxe resorts, like the Grand Floridian or the Contemporary, but they still offer plenty of pixie dust and that Disney resort experience. Plus they really save you a considerable amount of money over the other resorts.
3. Have Lunch-Looking to save money at mealtime? Consider visiting that table service restaurant at lunch instead of dinner. Why? The menu prices go up considerably at dinner, but many of the best menu items are still included at lunch. Also, think about having a late lunch for your biggest meal of the day to substitute for dinner. You can always have a snack or something later in the evening if your stomach’s growling; and a late lunch can save you money that you would spend on two meals.
2. Discount Season-Prices at Disney tend to go down during times of low attendance at WDW. For example, September, October, January, and February are known to have some of the lowest attendance and low prices. If you can go at this time, it will save you some money; and due to the lack of crowds, you can experience more of WDW in a day than you could during three days during peak season. Therefore, you are getting more bang for your buck! Check out this post to see When is the Best Time to Visit Walt Disney World.
1. Rent DVC Points-Not a Disney Vacation Club Member? No problem! You can rent DVC points from other DVC Members who are offering or from a reliable website. Renting points enables you to enjoy a deluxe resort for a MUCH cheaper price! This is great for large families or people traveling in a group who want a larger space or various rooms, such as what DVC Villas provide. However, do keep in mind that if you rent DVC Points, you cannot receive the free dining plan if it’s being offered.
Have you used any of these methods to save money on your Disney Vacation? Which do you recommend?
- Which Disney World Value Resort Is Right For Me?
- Royal Purse Strings: Popular Disney Dishes for Less (aglassslippervacation.com)