Anyone planning a trip to Disney or who has been there before knows that are certain attractions that get a lot of attention and fill up the queues really quick. Therefore, some other Disney attractions that may not offer the latest technology or the biggest thrills sometimes get overlooked and are definitely underrated. This is unfortunate since some of Disney’s best secrets are underrated attractions. Therefore, I have compiled a list of Top 5 Underrated Disney World Attractions for you to check out on your next trip to Disney World!
1. Carousel of Progress-This attraction came from the mind of Walt Disney himself and was shown at the 1964 New York World’s Fair to raving reviews! Today, this show still runs in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom and has the honor of being the longest running show in American theater! The Carousel of Progress is unique in that the theater rotates around to different stages where you get to see how progress and new inventions impacted daily life in the early twentieth century. This charming show is both educational and entertaining. It’s usually not at the top of many Disney guest to-do lists; but it definitely should be! All ages enjoy it and it gives us a glimpse into the mind of Walt Disney himself.
2. TTA-This attraction is a favorite among Disney regulars, and it’s one of my personal all-time favorites too. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority WedWay People Mover has guests board a vehicle which takes you on a covered track all around Tomorrowland and even into some of the buildings and attractions! This attraction is rather simple in that the gentle ride and the view is the primary draw; but its underrated because it’s so enjoyable! Our family likes to hop on the TTA to get off our feet, enjoy the breeze you get from moving down the track, and enjoy good conversation. The seats in each car face each other which is ideal for chatting and planning the rest of the day. It’s also a great attraction for parents who have tired kids or who just need a break from the heat and crowds.
3. The American Adventure-This attraction is an audio-animatronic show located at the American Adventure pavilion at Epcot. I think this show gets overlooked as most of the attention focuses on the Magic Kingdom’s Hall of Presidents; but the American Adventure is just as good, if not better, with it’s elaborate sets and variety of American heroes. In fact, one of the audio-animatronics actually twirls a lasso! This patriotic show is moving, entertaining, and I believe it’s a must-see for any Disney guest!
4. Living with the Land-Living with the Land is a gentle boat ride located inside The Land pavilion at Epcot. This attraction educates guest about the earth and different landscapes before taking them through greenhouses where guests witness new agricultural methods. Adults will find it very interesting; and kids will enjoy the ride and seeing Mickey shaped pumpkins being grown!
5. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse-This classic Disney attraction is based off of the Disney film which was based off of the famous novel! This attraction is one of the most comfortable, innovative treehouses you have ever seen! At The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, you walk through the different rooms in this tree and see how the Robinsons used whatever they had to make a home, such as a huge seashell for a sink! There are tons of detail and clever egineering everywhere so be sure to take your time and keep your eyes open!
So what do you think? Do you think these attractions are underrated? Are any of these attractions some of your favorites?
- Wanted: Indiana Jones Adventure at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- How to Tour the Parks – Floating through the Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
5 thoughts on “Top 5 Walt Disney World Attractions that are Underrated”
The TTA is my moms favorite ride and we have to ride it at least once every trip. Last time it was our cover form the rain!! One time when I was a kid they were working on Space Mountian and they had the lights on inside and we got to see it. SO different.
I grew up in Southern California, and visited DL many times. My parents loved the CofP and always made us ride it. Then they took it out of Disney, so when we made our first trip to WDW I was so excited to ride it again. “It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow…” Also an old DL favorite is the People Movers, love that ride too.
My boys (7,5,5) love living with the land, people mover and swiss family treehouse. They are all must do’s. Carousel of Progress we find a snooze. I wanted to get to the American Adventure on our trip in Jan 2012 since our 7 yr old is into American history but unfortunately we miss it.
I must say I’ve missed some of these attractions but our family does love living with the land at Epcot. The ride that we love that doesn’t seem to be on a lot of peoples lists is Journey into the imagination with Figment. We love Figment (my dd 8 has a growing collection of figment pins). We will definitly check out these other attractions. Thanks!
I love 4 out of 5 of those! So agree with this list. Sometimes its nice to do something relaxing with a usually short line.
Comments are closed.