The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is filled with tons of great attractions. So many, in fact, that guests can often miss some great, but lesser known attractions simply because there is so much to do. Let’s take at look at our top 5 underrated Magic Kingdom attractions.
5. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in Adventureland is a recreation of the treehouse the family built following a shipwreck in the film Swiss Family Robinson. If you have an interest in treehouses or have seen the movie, which I do recommend, this attraction is definitely for you! This elaborate treehouse also features great views of the Magic Kingdom.
4. Tom Sawyer Island, designed by Walt Disney himself, is a great attraction for kids. The island is includes a giant waterwheel, a barrel bridge, Injun Joe’s Cave, a fort, and more. The island is also filled with many different paths to explore. Guests are sure find adventure throughout the entire island
3. The Liberty Square Riverboat is a great attraction to help you slow down and enjoy the sights of the Magic Kindgom. Aboard the Liberty Belle, guests will cruise around Tom Sawyer Island on the Rivers of America. The journey includes an early American settlement, a Native American village, Fort Langhorn, spectacular views of Big Thunder Mountain, and more. Be sure to have your camera out and ready!
2. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover is one of the best attractions in Tomorrowland. On this relaxing cruise around Tomorrowland, you will get a look inside some of the other attractions including Space Mountain. You can even see Walt Disney’s original model for Epcot! Be sure to have your camera out for this attraction as the views from the TTA are amazing!
1. The Carousel Of Progress, also located in Tomorrowland, is another attraction designed by Walt Disney. This attraction was originally created for the 1964 New York World’s Fair. It tells the story of an American family throughout the 20th century and the affect progress has on their daily life. In addition to having a great audioanimatronic show, the theater for the attraction actually rotates during the show! After each scene, the audience is rotated to the next room for another scene in the show. This attraction is one my personal favorites and it was also said to be Walt Disney’s favorite attraction.
Have you experienced any of our top 5 underrated Magic Kingdom attractions? Let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
22 thoughts on “Top 5 Underrated Magic Kingdom Attractions”
Oh yeah, BTR (and Splash Mountain for that matter) are great at night, especially during the fireworks. We’re going to try Astro Orbiter at night this next trip. It’s like a whole different world in the dark.
It is! Such a great show!
It’s a great attraction and I love that you can usually ride it again without waiting in line!
The TTA at night is on my to do list. I’ve seen some great pictures people have taken riding it at night. I wanted to ride it at night on my last trip, but we didn’t get time. We decided to ride Big Thunder Mountain at night instead. Since my husband had never ridden it at night, I thought he needed to experience it.
There are definitely a lot of stairs on the treehouse, but it’s still so much fun!
Thanks! So glad you got to experience new attraction on your trip! Have fun in February!
That’s one thing I love about it! It’s one of the few WDW attractions you can ride over and over without having to get back in line!
Sounds like fun!
It’s my favorite underratted attraction too. I had never been to it until a few years ago. After going to it once, it became one of my favorite attractions.
The TTA is my favorite spot to relax at WDW.
It does! I love all the details in it!
Our boys were 2-1/2 years and 11 months old when we went to WDW – still a bit young. They LOVED the TTA PeopleMover! Since it was not crowded, the young man running the ride let us stay on for several loops. It was a much needed relaxing time for all of us!
Agree!! We do #1 and #2 several times each visit!! My mom rides TTA (Peoplemover to us) over and over again while the kids and I ride Space Mountain.
Absolutely agree with all 5. I took my kids on the Treehouse on our last trip. They loved it so much they wanted to see the movie. I still haven’t been to Carousel of Progress, but I’m sure I will when we go back in December. I also recommend People Mover at night (Tomorrowland looks amazing lit up in the dark).
I meant to say Carousel of Progress is my fav. Underrated attraction.
Carousel is my favorite MK underrated attraction.
I LOVE all of these attractions at the Magic Kingdom. Just wish my knees were able to handle the climb on the Swiss Family Treehouse. That was what I ALWAYS wanted when I was a kid. But it’s a little tougher, now that I’m 51. But doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it any less.
Love the PeopleMover – it is truly an underrated ride. I hope it never loses that status and becomes more popular though, I love being able to just hop on with no wait and grab a seat while enjoying the breeze, views, and people watching.
Sometimes you can even take a second loop without getting of, just ask as you come back around! No wait for your seat, no problem!
TTA is our go to spot to fill a bit of time, relax for a few or escape a passing shower. Never a wait and I like it that way. I also like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, but I’m the only one. My kids would play on Tom Sawyer’s Island all day if we let them!
I FINALLY had the opportunity to ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat and PeopleMover on my trip last week!! The crowds were lower than usual, so we really got to experience things on this trip that we had never done before. My husband loves taking our daughter in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Planning another trip for February and really hoping to try Tom Sawyer Island! This is a great list!!
Both the People Mover and the Carousel are on my must see every time we are there. Carousel is great on a hot day!!!
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse has always been one of my favorites–it makes your imagination come back to life and it feels so magical!
Comments are closed.