Recently I shared with you my Top 10 Snacks I couldn’t wait to try at this year’s Food and Wine Festival. Well I am back from my trip (and probably 5 pounds heavier!) and I now I’m excited to share with you what ended up being my Top 5 picks that I think everyone should try this year.
5. Chicken Sausage with Creamy Polenta and Minus 8 Onion Jam, Canada Booth: I was really looking forward to the other two dishes at the Canada booth but decided all three were worth a try. The polenta was so good and there was just a tad bit of a kick. At first I thought the onion jam was too “onion-y” but it really worked well with the whole dish.
4. Crème Brûlée Vanille Chocolat: Vanilla & Chocolate Crème Brûlée topped with Caramelized Sugar, France Booth: So creamy and so rich! And deliciously vanilla and chocolate. The mix of the two really knocks this one out of the park.
3. Soufflé de Yuca: Yuca Soufflé topped with Griddled Cheese, Dominican Republic Booth: This wasn’t even on my list of things I really wanted to try but walking past and seeing “griddled cheese” I decided to stop. I’m really glad I did. This booth is back with a bang after going on hiatus since 2007. The souffle was good – I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect but the cheese – oh the cheese! Grilled goodness and lots of it! Don’t pass this one up.
2. Tacos de Camarón: Battered shrimp, Pico de Gallo, Pickled Onions, and Chipotle Mayonnaise, Mexico Booth: This was a close second to my top choice. I could have eaten 10 of these. They had a nice kick to them but weren’t overly spicy. The shrimp was deliciously breaded and everything blended together so well.
1. Seared sea scallop with Spinach-Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon, Scotland Booth: Oh. My. Goodness! This was so, so good! The line was one of the longest I stood in (even on a rainy Sunday night) so I knew there had to be something worth trying there. It was creamy and rich and the bacon was perfectly crispy. This is another dish I could eat over and over again.
So these are just my opinions on the Top 5 Snacks at this year’s Food and Wine festival (and in full disclosure I was 23 weeks pregnant at the time of our visit) but I’d love to hear yours! Make sure you share your favorites here or on our Facebook page! You can our list of the Top 10 Drinks at Food and Wine here (since I was unable to try any of them out!).
Ready to try all of these amazing snacks (plus many, many more?) at this year’s Food and Wine Festival? Or maybe you’re thinking a trip next fall to experience Food and Wine at Disney World? Let me help you with your planning! I am a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and Co and the Disney Addicts! Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your “Magical” vacation! –Alissa
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.