Chef Mickey’s is a character buffet located in the Contemporary Resort, right next door to the Magic Kingdom. This buffet offers a fun, contemporary setting, along with Mickey and the gang dressed in chef apparel!
Since this restaurant does showcase the main mouse himself, Chef Mickey’s is one of the most popular restaurants in all of WDW; and today, I’m giving you my top 5 reasons why I think you should try if for yourself!
5. Location-A huge part of the Contemporary’s appeal is its location! The Contemporary Resort sits right next to the. In fact, some of the resort’s rooms actually overlook the park! Talk about a room with a view! Anyway, Chef Mickey’s is located on one of the main floors of the resort with a cavernous ceiling overhead; and while there isn’t much of a theme, the dining area still feels warm and full of fun!
4. Appeals to Whole Family-Typically the term “character buffet” sends up red flags for adult diners; but even though Chef Mickey’s is definitely family-friendly, the contemporary atmosphere and great food makes this dining spot rank higher than others with adults. Also, because this is a character meal, and the Contemporary is pretty impressive with the Monorail zipping through the lobby, kids are always impressed and have a ball!
3. Kids Buffet-If you choose to dine at a Disney character meal, you can almost always count on kid friendly foods for even your pickiest eaters; and this is especially true at Chef Mickeys! The kids buffet is even lowered, for easy access for your little princes and princesses, and offers macaroni and cheese, pizza, pastas, and other dishes for tiny tummies.
2. Characters-The most obvious draw for Chef Mickeys is, of course, the characters, particularly Mickey Mouse! There are only a few character meals that feature Mickey; but in my opinion, Chef Mickeys is the best for getting some time with him. We also enjoy visits from Donald Duck and Chip and Dale! Be prepared for antics from time to time from this entertaining gang!
1. Menu-So…I’ll be honest here. I’m not a huge fan of Disney character buffets when it comes to food, simply because I just don’t find the quality or creativity to be that great; however, in my past experiences, I’ve always found Chef Mickeys food to be really good and I’ve never been disappointed! I especially like the fancy little desserts to choose from too!
Is Chef Mickeys on your dining to-do list? Let us know!
- Disney Food Confessions – Breakfast at Chef Mickeys
- Dining: Top 5 Character Meals Which Offer the Most for the Money (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Hungry? Check out these “Contemporary Resort” Dining Options
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.