So you’re planning a Disney World vacation! Now the big question is.. Should I stay on Disney Property? Yes! On top of Disney offering 3 levels of Disney resorts (Value, Moderate and Deluxe) all of the resorts are so unique in their own way! People actually go around and check out everything the different resorts have to offer, which coined the phrase, “Resort Hopping.” This is one of the most debating questions so I’m going to help you out and give you my top 5 reasons to stay on property!
- FastPass+: When you stay on Disney property and add tickets to your package, you will get to select your FastPass+ selections at 60 days prior, rather than 30. When setting them up, you can go on at midnight (or until the last park closes) on your set day, and pick your FP for your entire trip (or 10 days out from Check in) So for those Must Do or hard to get attractions, this is a big help! Anna and Elsa was a must for my girls!
- Magic: You’re Home. From driving under the Walt Disney World sign to being welcomed by a Cast Member at check in, you are submerged in the world of Disney at “The Most Magical Place on Earth.” Some lucky guests get a little added Pixie Dust to their vacations. For me, just being there is pure happiness (although a free Mickey Bar never hurt!) You’re surrounded by Disney and at Disney everyone is a kid! You get to let loose and have fun. Oh, and everything you need is right there; Food courts, shopping, pools, entertainment, fireworks and the big man himself, Mickey! Between the parks, resorts and the new Disney Springs, you’ve got it all! All these locations have a piece of Disney. You are part of their world (did ya sing it?) during your stay! The worst part is leaving.
- Transportation: Whether you are flying or driving, you’re still covered! Guests flying, save money on a rental car because the Magical Express will pick you up right at the airport and bring you to your home away from home. If you prefer to drive, don’t worry parking is free even at the theme parks if you’re a guest at a resort. Once you arrive at your resort your options are endless! Depending on which resort you are at you might be able to choose from walking, taking the bus, cruising on a boat or just hopping on the Monorail to get around. You can commute to anywhere on Disney property using the transportation. The transportation at Disney is continuous and cycles usually every 15 to 30 minutes. Whereas most off site locations give you scheduled times to choose from. Remember, time is money! Taking the time to drive off property is less time you get to spend at Disney!
- Packages: Disney Vacation Packages! My clients love this the most! Most hotels make you pay upfront when booking. So what’s better than planning a Disney Vacation, including resort, tickets and dining plan all for next year and only putting $200 deposit down and paying off the rest in payments, at your discretion as long as the balance is paid by the due date??? Getting a special offer added to that reservation!! Who wouldn’t like a percentage off, maybe a free day added, or how about some Free Dining? Disney often releases discounts and promotions a couple of months before it’s effective but don’t worry it can be applied to qualifying reservations. (This is where some people prefer to use a Travel Agent. If you don’t have time to keep checking on discounts and waiting on the phone to get it applied, why not use a Travel Agent to do that for you? Some discounts like Free Dining has limited availability and a 4+ hour hold time. Don’t take a chance on missing out. Service is free and I keep a look out and wait on the phone at 6 am to do it for you!) You can always add to your package as time goes on and if you’re waiting to see what kind of promotion you’ll be eligible for. Once you have a Resort reservation, you can plug that into your My Disney Experience and start making your Advance Dining Reservations at 180 days out. Adding tickets, don’t forget about making your FP+ choices at 60 days! Dining too? Why not! Who needs to carry money around when all of that will be linked right to your MagicBand! Memory Maker too! How convenient!
- Extra Magic Hours: Extra Magic Hours (EMH) is a special benefit for Disney resort guests only (Also Dolphin & Swan, Hilton Orlando Resort and Shades of Green) It is when a select park is open a little longer for these guests. You will have to have proof of staying on property. (Usually just scan your band at an attraction) Every day one Disney Park will have EMH. It could be in the morning before opening or at night after closing. Either way running around the park before other guests go in or closing a park down is an awesome feeling. Some might say… Magical.
When you add all the perks of staying at a Disney resort it can be totally worth it! Bundle it all into one payment and get your moneys worth and with less hassle than having to navigate in and out of Disney everyday and paying to park! Remember, at Disney, you’re Home. So why stay anywhere else. Did these 5 reasons help you on your next Disney decision?
If you’d like help booking and getting the best promotions available or weighing out some options between on site and good neighbors, feel free to contact me! My name is Jamie Porter and I’m a Central Florida Disney Addict and a travel agent with World of Magic Travel. My email is Jamieporter@worldofmagictravel.com or you can ‘like’ me on Facebook by clicking here. I also write to Chip & Co in between my Disney trips!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!