Disney is always coming up with new ways to enhance their guests’ experience at the Parks, and one of the more recent enhancements is a smartphone app called “My Disney Experience”. Now, there are a LOT of Disney apps out there, but this one is officially released by the Walt Disney Company, and it really is a very useful phone application to have. Why should you use it? Here are the top 5 reasons:
1. It Helps You Plan – For those of you who love planning out the details of your Disney trips – then this app is definitely for you! You can link your resort reservation information, dining information, ticket and fastpass+ information and have it all in one place. The app provides notifications and reminders that can help you get ready for your trip, too!
2. Easy To Use – Some apps are not the most user friendly, but luckily My Disney Experience is not one of them! The menu button on the top left allows you to easily see your options, with easy to understand categories like “Wait times”, “Characters”, and “Park Hours”. You can easily update your profile, check out Park Maps, and make last minute dining reservations from the app too
3. Switch Between The Computer And App With Ease – Sometimes, it’s hard to update information on a smartphone – especially if you are typing a lot, or trying to add multiple family members or profile information, which is where the “mydisneyexperience.com” website comes in. Same login information, same ability to update profile/fastpass/dining information, and the best part? It is an almost automatic feed between the computer and app. They simultaneously save the changes you make, so you can go from computer to app in a flash!
4. Enhances The Magic – Some people aren’t a fan of doing a lot of planning for their trips and like to “go with the flow”. I am all for being spontaneous and flying by the seat of my pants – but when it comes to Disney, I find that doing at least some pre-trip planning helps make the trip a whole lot more enjoyable for everyone – so using the app allows us to go on more rides, see more attractions, and enjoy more of the Disney Fun!
5. It’s Free – Yeah, this may be kind of a silly reason, but let’s face it – it matters! I don’t love paying for apps, and I seriously think twice about apps that are not free, so if you’re like me – you will appreciate this reason for sure
I used the app on my iPhone when I was in WDW last month – and I would have to say we got the most use out of the “attraction wait times” section – it really helped us plan our day while at the Parks. I also liked that you could view and change your Dining reservations and your Fastpass+ selections, and since all of the Resorts will soon be utilizing the Magic Bands system, I think more and more people will be giving this app a try!
The My Disney Experience app makes planning your WDW vacation easier, less stressful, and more fun! I highly recommend you give it a try – and if you have – I would love to know what you think of it!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!