We are approaching my favorite time of year to visit Walt Disney World. And while I’d NEVER turn down a trip to Walt Disney World, if I had to pick a time to visit it would be between January and March. Here is why!
1. The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival! Epcot is truly transformed during this free (with admission to the park) event. The topiaries are incredible and the food kiosks are on par with what is offered during Food and Wine in the fall. In 2015 the festival runs from March 4th thru May 17th. You really don’t want to miss this event.
2. The weather, while a tad unpredictable is much more pleasant in my opinion. The average temperature between January and early March is around 73 degrees. The rainfall is also at it’s lowest throughout the year. While it can be a little chilly in the morning and evenings, I’ll take that over the crazy hot Florida summer. I just make sure to pack a light jacket and a few pairs of pants so I’m ready for anything.
3. The crowd levels are totally manageable. With the exception of a few weeks/weekends around Federal Holidays (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and President’s Day specifically) up until Spring Break starts in mid-March, Walt Disney World has lower than average crowds, making it pretty easy to see and do everything you want without waiting in line too long.
4. Walt Disney World has historically offered some great promotions during this time. They are currently offering up to 30% off select rooms with travel dates between March 2nd and June 15th of 2015. Plus, if you upgrade to a package with a minimum 4-day park ticket you’ll get an extra day free. Great rates are also available from February 22 through March 1st! You can find out all of the details here!
5. I go from 100 days to 60 in the blink of an eye! From October to the beginning of January I’m kept busy by fall fun and the holidays and finally ringing in the new year. While my planning brain is never turned off, the days just seem to pass faster!
My name is Alissa and I am a Writer for Chip and Company. I’m also an Independent Consultant with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and the Disney Addicts. Email me today at email@example.com to book your next “Magical” vacation to your favorite destination.