If you plan on spending your day in the Magic Kingdom, there are a wide variety of great breakfast spots right along the monorail route. These options will give you an early start and get you right to the Magic Kingdom quickly to get the day started! Many of these breakfast options will be early enough to get you there in time for Rope Drop at the front entrance. Riding the monorail is an experience in itself and even better if it takes you to see Mickey or Mary Poppins for breakfast. Check out the top 5 restaurants for breakfast in the monorail resorts. The Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Village Resort and Grand Floridian Resort and Spa make up the monorail resorts that lie along the Magic Kingdom Monorail loop. All of these restaurants are located just steps off the monorail station. They are convenient and a ton of fun. Oh, and yummy too!
5. Grand Floridian Café Located inside the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa lobby, this is a beautiful , peaceful option for a delicious start to your day. Although this is not a character meal, you will feel like you have been transported to another era. Take in the views of the Victorian Rose Garden while you enjoy Eggs Benedict, frittatas, omelets and of course Mickey Waffles!! When you are finished, climb the grand staircase back to the monorail station and start your magical day at the Magic Kingdom! (ok, there is an elevator too but the Grand Staircase is fun!).
4. Kona Café: Located just steps from the monorail station inside the Polynesian Village Lobby, this restaurant served what is, in my opinion, the best breakfast dish in all the ‘World’: Tonga Toast! Make sure you have a chance to savor the cinnamon-banana goodness of this special treat! Serving exciting Polynesian inspired goodies like Macadamia-pineapple pancakes, Kona also has arguably the best coffee in all of Disney World. This is truly a hidden gem for breakfast and certainly on my personal top 3 of best breakfasts!
3. 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Breakfast: We head back over to the Grand Floridian Resort for this fun and festive character breakfast. Located right inside the Lobby, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh and Mary Poppins host breakfast in this charming restaurant. Enjoy the antics of Tigger and Mad Hatter and share some tea with Mary! This is an All-You- Can-Eat Breakfast Buffet including mini pancakes, Mickey waffles, carved ham and much more!
2. Chef Mickey’s Fun Time Buffet: Located on the Main Level of the Contemporary Resort, this popular character breakfast features Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto (A.K.A The Fab Five). Enjoy and All-You-Can-Eat buffet while mingling with the main mouse himself! The monorail soars overhead as you pose for photos and grab an autograph or 2 (or 5!). This is a very popular restaurant so advanced reservations are strongly recommended! It is difficult to find availability but it is worth the effort!
1. ‘Ohana: Best Friends Breakfast Featuring Lilo and Stitch: While some may contest my decision, I have chosen ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast as the best place for breakfast within the monorail resorts. It is actually my favorite breakfast in all of Disney World! The atmosphere, the food and the family friendly service make it my top choice. You will be visited by Lilo, Stitch, Pluto and Mickey and the kids will get the chance to participate in a parade around the restaurant. ‘Ohana means family and this meal is served family style with large platters of food brought to your table. Unlimited Mickey and Stitch waffles, sausage, eggs, bread, bacon and more will fill you up and get you ready to start your day at the Magic Kingdom! ‘Ohana is my families first choice and a must do for every trip to Walt Disney World. It is smaller and more intimate than Chef Mickey’s and tons of fun! Stitch is, well, STITCH! He has been known to steal food and utensils off the table and just goof around with all of the guests! I highly recommend this breakfast experience!
I hope you have a chance to try these incredible breakfasts, and stay tuned for the top 5 lunch list! Contact me for information on booking your Walt Disney World vacation and planning your breakfast at ‘Ohana! email@example.com
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.